One

1.

Addison

        "Next stop, Devenford." The PA system in the bus pulled me out of my half asleep trance, the breaks jolting the giant vehicle.

        I rubbed the back of my neck, stuffing the leather bound journal into my backpack. I swung the bag over my shoulder and put down my hood. Joining the one other person getting off in Beacon Hills, I smoothed down the back of my brown hair and took out my earbuds, letting them dangle by my collarbones.

        Although snow was rare in Beacon Hills, it was cold as hell in January.

        Dad spotted me as I started to come down the steps, a grin breaking out on his face. "There's my girl." He brightly said, pulling me into a hug the moment he could.

        I smiled into his shoulder, squeezing him back. "Hey, Dad."

        "How was New York?" Dad asked as I was handed my duffle bag from the underbelly of the bus.

        I wasn't in New York.

        "It was great." I replied, pulling the bag over my shoulder and walking with him to the Sheriff designated car. "Went into Time Square to watch to ball drop."

        "Yeah?" Dad opened the side door for me, the car already started. "Stiles and I went over to Scott and Melissa's."

        "Speaking of," I put my bags at my feet, "What happened to him coming with? I thought he'd be here."

        "Had to finish a paper for English-" Dad rolled his eyes when he saw me freeze. "Not you too."

        I shut my eyes, "Sorry, I forgot."

        "For someone with perfect grades, you tend to forget assignments when you come back from your trips."

        "I know, I get side tracked."

        That is, if killing monsters counts as 'side tracked'.

        I watch out the window, passing the preserve. "Can we stop by the hospital?" I asked, looking over to him.

        Dad nodded, "Sure." Turning down a length of streets, the car stopped outside of Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. He looked up to the building, "I'll wait for you."

        "I won't be long." I said, climbing out of the patrol car. Pulling my headphones out of my phone, I put them into my pocket and headed towards long term care unit. Glancing at the time, I knew visiting hours weren't over yet.

        "Addison." Jennifer looked taken off guard when she saw me come through the front door. "What are you doing here?"

        I lifted an eyebrow at the redhead nurse, "I came to see him."

        "You can't." Jennifer walked around the front of the desk, the only worker in the main area. "He's resting."

        "He's catatonic, he's always 'resting'." I said, glancing down the hall. "I come see Peter all the time. Why is today different?"

        "He doesn't want you to see him right now." Jennifer stood in front of me, blocking my way to the rooms.

        I wasn't buying it. I narrowed my eyes, "And did he tell you that?"

        "I'm not going to let you."

        "Really?" I knew Jennifer was aware of what he was. "What are you going to do to stop me?" She knew what I did, as well.