CHAPTER 1: "Our Lives"

-Red-

"Harold, did you talk to that Profiler you kept telling me about the baby-sitting? I need to find a babysitter as soon as possible. I desperately need help with Beth." I asked and my friend just nodded.

"Yes, she'll come here to the interview tomorrow. I saw a picture of her and all I can say is that she's a wonderful sight, like fresh water to dry eyes." I rolled my eyes, as if I was going to be intersted in a maid that probably had the age to be my daughter.

"Thank you. I gotta go now, they need me at the hospital." Harold Cooper smirked at me.

"Okay, but let me know when it's time for me to say I told you so." I sighed and walked away. Since my wife died eight years ago at our youngest daughter's birth, I haven't be looking for anyone and I had made peace with the fact that I would end up an alone bitter old, old man.

xxxxxxxxxxx

"Dad! I'm going to Tom's house." Jenny, my oldest daughter yelled from the door. Nowadays that girl was barely home, she spent all her time at her boyfriend's house.

"But I wanted everyone home to meet the new sitter." I tried to reason but she just laughed.

"I'm 18, I don't need a sitter . But I'm sure the girls will help you. Bye!" I only heard the front door closing. I took a deep breath and went to see Rae, my 15 year old daughter.

"Rae, come here and bring Elizabeth, the new sitter is gonna be here any minute now." At that exact moment the door bell rang. Great! I'll have to deal with the girl alone.

I opened the door and my heart skipped a beat. In front of me was a fairly tall brunette girl, she had big blue eyes, an aquiline nose and a beautiful smile, I noticed a dimple on her cheek and thought it was adorable. She was wearing a short blue skirt (too short in my opinion! Like the ones Jen wears!) and a polka dot blouse. She gave me butterflies on the stomach! WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM? She was staring at me with curious eyes.

"Admiral Reddington?" I nodded and step aside to let her in.

"Come in, Miss?"

"Scott. Elizabeth Scott." We shook hands and I guided her to the library. We both sat and I noticed she couldn't keep her wide eyes away from me.

"So, I need you to be a sitter for my eight year old girl and be at the PO in the morning, but please can you help around the house after your hours and maybe weekends??. Is that okay with you?" I asked and she nodded imediately. "Oh, and I'd like for you to live here as well, I'm still on duty and sometimes I stay late hours in the yard." She nodded again. "When can you start?"

"Well, now!" She giggled and that melt my heart but I couldn't feel that way so I supressed any feelings I was having because of her.

"Let me show you the house and introduce you to two of my girls, the older one, Jenny, spends all her time in her boyfriend's house. He's nice and all but it's too much." She nodded trying to keep a straight face but I could tell she wanted to laugh. I opened the door to Rae's room and saw both my children there. I smiled lightly. "Girls, this is our new sitter slash a bit of a keeper Miss Scott. Miss Scott this is Rae and Beth." I saw Rae rolling her eyes at me.

"Hi! It's very nice to meet you." Miss Scott said politely. Beth ran to her arms and held her tight. That girl desperately needed a mom, but I couldn't give her that.

"Hi Miss Scott!" Beth said and let go of her. Rae came close.

"Hi Miss Scott, and please call me Rae! I don't want you to be confused so just call Dad Red... " I couldn't understand why she had insisted her to call me Red...only my friends (or what little friends I have) does... But still, I left it for Ms. Scott to decide.