CHAPTER 4: "Another Set of Wings"

-Red-

Lizzie kissed me and held tight onto me. The taste of her was something amazing, I wanted this girl more than anything. Still I was insecure, I mean, she's so beautiful and young, how could she feel this way about me? How could she want me when she had a soldier boy at home? She must have noticed that I stopped kissing her and broke the kiss.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked unsure and I held her tight to me.

"No, I'm wondering, how did I get so lucky?" She giggled.

"Oh my Admiral, you have no idea how lucky I am for having you." She pecked my lips again.

"I could never tell tough Miss Elizabeth Scott could be cheesy. I could stay here forever, but we need to finish packing or we'll miss the flight." She nodded but pulled me to her first.

"One more kiss?" I touched her dimple and kissed her one more time.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hours later we arrived in Boston where Kate and her deceased father Alan, Carla's parents, lived. I could feel Lizzie was nervous but after she meets them she'll see there's nothing to worry about. She was back on sitter mode as soon as we left the room but I couldn't forget the taste of her lips on mine.

"Raymond!" Kate said to me both hugging me and the girls. I saw Beth introducing Lizzie to them and the moment Kate laid her eyes on me I knew she could read me like an open book.

Later on my forever mother in law came to me. Even in her old age I could see all the sass in her eyes.

"About the rooms, how will be the arrangements?" She asked.

"Well, little Rae, Beth and Jen could share a room, Tom could be in another and I'll be on Carla's old room." She smirked.

"And Elizabeth? Plus, I think Jen could share a room with her boyfriend, she's 18 for God's sake." I rolled my eyes.

"Liz could be with the girls since Jen will be with Tom." I tried to act cool.

"She could be in your room, couldn't she?" I tried my hardest not to blush but it was impossible. "You don't need to lie Raymond, I saw the way you look at her. It's pure delight."

"It's..." She interrupted me.

"You deserve to be happy, you know that right?" I nodded.

"She's so young, I feel like I'm ruining her." Kate shook her head.

"She's old enough to know what she wants. I know you're afraid but she's the first one to get into your head after Carla, right?" I nodded.

"I think I'm already in love with her. But everything's so complicated." She glared at me.

"Probably it's not that complicated, if I remember correctly you have a tendency to complicate everything inside your head. She must be pretty special to win you over so quickly, so don't miss this chance life is giving you to be happy again. Do the girls approve her?"

"Jen does, she is trying her hardest to play match maker with us. It's weird how Lizzie and Jen became best of friends. Beth loves her to death. Little Rae, that has the sass like her grandma, is the one that might give us a bit of trouble. I know she likes Liz but she's jealous and thinks that Liz will steal me away from her."

"So, what's so complicated about you?" I looked down.

"Liz has a boyfriend back home, but she told me that she'll break up with him as soon as we get back."

"Oh, I see. You don't have to worry Raymond, by the way she looks at you I bet she doesn't even remember her boyfriend right now." I smiled shyly and was about to say something when said Lizzie walked in.