The Fall of an Organization

The trust that was so carefully forged within S.H.I.E.L.D crumbled to dust in the blink of an eye. 

The saying goes: cut off one head and two more will grow back and Hydra stayed true to their slogan and came back stronger than ever. A wolf dressed as a sheep so to speak. As Hydra rose to power, S.H.I.E.L.D fell. 

In the wake of the collapse, Nicholas J. Fury passes on the torch to the ever-loyal Philip Coulson.

The only thing Coulson is given to restart the entire organization from scratch is a toolbox. Inside this toolbox is everything needed in starting over, from classified files to things not even from this world.

A blueprint to understanding the universe. 

Nick Fury is known to know everything, even before it happens. So when Coulson stumbles upon a file with barely any information in it, hidden deep within in Fury's toolbox, he knows something is very wrong.

Fury would never leave something like this incomplete which could only mean one thing. 

The world is in danger. 

The few times Fury could not compile enough information about a topic world-ending events nearly took place. If it wasn't for the Avengers the everything would be in ruins. 

Now with Hydra out in the light, it could only be assumed that the girl they called Atë is without a doubt with Hydra. Whether she is with them willingly or not, he has to do something and quick. 

There is very limited information on the girl's powers but what is present is terrifying.

From the ability to make a group of highly trained agents disappear without a trace to her own vanishing. Everything about the girl is puzzling. To say that Coulson is out of his league is an understatement, so he does what any sensible new leader of a secret organization would do.

He calls to the heroes.

The man of iron, the super soldier, the hawk, the spider, the beast, and the god himself are called upon. Not only to help send Hydra back to the depths from which they originated from but to rescue a girl with powers unknown to man.

A/N: LAST PROLOGUE! next chapter the real action starts. The Spirit of Ate will be taking place between the Winter Solider and Age of Ultron. 

edited 12/22/16

edited again 7/5/18

rewritten 8/9/19