Asgard

Traveling via the Bifrost was a lot different than the way Layla was used to traveling. She never really knew how her powers worked and she knew she never would but at least she was used to it. 

The Bifrost stripped you of every single one of your senses and beamed them back into you upon landing. Sure Thor was used to it but Layla had significantly more sensitive senses. Having them stripped and returned at the speed of light was not only painful but like becoming a new person.

"Give her a moment." A deep voice says from nearby. 

The whirring on the Bifrost comes to an end. Silence echoing. 

With her eyes squeezed shut and her hand tightly gripping Thor's abnormally large bicep, Layla attempts to reorganize herself. 

Finally regaining herself, Layla opens her eyes, meeting the golden irises of a dark skinned man. They stare at each other in awe. The two of them seeing through the other's eyes. 

"Amazing." Heimdall mutters. Thor looks up at his old friend, wondering what he was seeing. The golden energy that Layla had transferred to him not so long ago was not present so he wasn't sure what could be happening. 

"Is everything all right?" He asks in confusion. 

"I've never seen anything like it before." 

"We have plenty of girls here... unless they've all left." His eyes widen. "They haven't all left right?"

Layla and Heimdall break their eye contact looking over at Thor in complete and utter amazement. "I can assure you Thor- I was not referring to her gender."

"Oh- the powers- right- that's a relief." 

"How is it that I can not see you?" 

Layla shrugs, looking away from his intense golden hues. She could see him. All the time. She had seen him from the time she was young. 

She saw him as a role model. He had a fraction of her powers. So similar to herself- yet he had complete control over it. He made a difference in the lives around him. He helped ease the suffering he was able to see. 

Yet Layla was unable to do anything. 

She often observed him doing his work. Trying to learn from him in any way that she could. 

But being under the control of the Second Head held her back for her entire life. 

Like Layla, Heimdall could see all the souls in the nine realms. But his powers came from the bifrost, Odin himself, and just the average Asgardian genes. 

Layla didn't know how she got her powers. 

She didn't know what she was. 

As far as she knew and everyone else knew. Layla Chase-Mason was completely human. From Earth and nowhere else. There were anomalies in her DNA but at her core she was human. 

"Let's get you somewhere safe." Heimdall eases, slowly guiding Thor and Layla towards the rainbow bridge. 

"I plan to only tell father of her time here." 

"Do not worry Odinson. Layla's location is safe with me." 

Biting her lip, Layla searches for the words she longs to say to Heimdall. The Avengers were heroes in every sense of the word. But not to her. Her only hero was the man before her who was able to use the powers similar to hers for good. 

Instead, the only words she can find are, "Thank you." 

.

The Allfather stares down the meek girl. His single eye observing the cosmic energy encasing and spreading from the girl before him.