Chapter Five

"Yeah I'm a runner that's my job," Thomas explains.

"I'm confused, your job is to run? Why?" I'm completely lost.

Everyone gets quiet.

"We're just gonna go," Minho says getting up, tugging on Chucks arm for him to follow.

"But this is gonna be good!" Chuck exclaims.

"Come on chuck!" Minho is frustrated now.

"Newt? I thought we agreed to tell her everything," Thomas says to Newt.

He looks down. "I thought it was already a lot for one day."

Thomas looks shocked. "What so you just weren't gonna tell her?"

"I was gonna tell her when she asked, I just didn't think it would be today."

"Okay well she asked so tell her how me and Minho run in the maze," Thomas says angrily.

"Wait. Maze?" I ask.

"Newt! Did you tell her anything?" Thomas is furious now.

Newts face goes red. "I told her about the glade that's it."

"Why not the maze?"

"What does it bloody matter if I wait a day or two to tell her, obviously she'll find out eventually. It's not like I was gonna hide it from her forever! If you really want to do it a different way, go right ahead," Newt is yelling now.

"Fine I'll tell y/n about everything else." Thomas gets up from the table pulling me with him.

I look back at Newt, confused as to why I am caught in the middle of all of this.

I give Newt a slight smile, but he just looks down.