Chapter Eleven

Newt looks over to where I'm sleeping, "y/n? You awake?"

I open my eyes and look at him. "What?" I say groggily, pretending I didn't just listen to him pour his heart out to Thomas.

"Just wondering if you're awake," he replies.

"I am now," I say and throw a pillow at him.

He freezes, a look of utter shock on his face. "It's on," he says before jumping out of bed and throwing a pillow at me.

I hop up too, grabbing my pillow and hitting him with it. He takes his and hits me too. Soon we're both doubled over on the floor, laughing uncontrollably. Luckily our hammocks are on the far end of the homestead, so no one is disturbed by our antics.

I calm down enough to sit up and lean against my hammock, facing Newt. He does the same, still chuckling. By the time we've completely quieted down Thomas has already fallen back asleep.

"So," he says.

"So," I reply.

He stands up. "Let's go."

I get up too. "Where are we going?"

"Breakfast, I'm famished."

"No ones up, not even Frypan." I motion to Frypan, snoring in his hammock.

"Yeah, but there's always food in the kitchen."

"You know how to cook?" I reply, amused.

"Oh most definitely."

Maybe he's going to make a move now, or maybe he was just joking when he was talking with Thomas. I hope he wasn't, I really like him.

"Okay then what are we waiting for." Newt holds out his arm, and we walk off towards the kitchen.