Part 3

Steven and Connie's laughter could be heard from the beach outside the house. Since it was still winter the two constantly played outside, throwing snowballs and making snowmen. Amethyst often joined in on the fun and sometimes Pearl and Garnet did too.

The three homeworld gems however were a little subdued. Peridot spent her time inside, learning about Earth's technology and even enjoyed putting things like phones back together, fixing them when they got broken. Lapis spent her time with Steven, since him and Connie were the most comfortable around her she thought that would be the best thing to do. The crystal gems were still a little wary of her but if Steven was fine, so were they.

Jasper however spent her time staring out the window at the falling snow. She hardly left her place on the window sill despite Steven's pleas to come play with him outside. Her whole personality had changed and all she could think about was the kind blue gem she'd lost all those years ago. When Jasper and Peridot returned to homeworld after the battle Jasper had put a brave face on, becoming cold and ruthless.

She was already rather aggressive but since the death of her loved one she became even more so. She hardly spoke to Peridot and if she spoke to anyone it was with malice and somewhat disgust. She didn't know what to think of her leader, Yellow diamond after the gem had died but the gem had promised Jasper one thing. If she found Rose Quartz and brought her back or defeated her, she would find a way to bring Topaz back. So of course she spent every minute of everyday training and becoming stronger so that one day she could fulfill that order and get her beloved gem back.

As usual Jasper was perched by the window, watching as Connie was hit in the cheek by a snowball. Peridot glanced up from the laptop she was fixing of Sadie's to the orange gem and sighed

"she's still acting strange..." she muttered. Pearl and Garnet, who were sat by her nodded, also looking at Jasper.

"that Topaz must have been rather special..." Pearl said, thinking about Rose and how bad she'd reacted when the pink gem had left those three behind. Jasper looked back to the three gems sat there and sighed. Peridot got up, walking over to her and sitting down.

"I've been thinking Jasper..." she started, looking rather wary

"don't you think it would be better to stay here..?" Jasper's eyes shot up to look at the green gem

"on Earth..?" she said, sitting up

"why on earth would we stay here?" she asked, a little anger in her voice. Peridot shifted uncomfortably, looking back at the two gems for back up

"well...it took me a while but I was thinking about what yellow diamond promised you..the idea that she could bring Topaz back." Amethyst, Steven and Connie entered the house, shaking the snow off their clothes and running to the kitchen to get some food.

"Jasper I don't think its possible for Yellow diamond to heal gems like that..if it was wouldn't she had healed the others that were killed in the war?" Jasper froze, looking at the other gems. Peridot swallowed, continuing.

"I did some research on the matter and it seems that we don't even have any healing gems on homeworld of that level and power...I think she was lying to us Jasper" The other gems looked away, sad looks on their faces. Jasper said nothing, staring down at the floor in shock

"I've served her for so many years..." she managed to whisper out.

"everyday I would try to impress her so I could bring Topaz but the whole time.." she clenched her fist

"she lied to me!" she yelled, slamming her fist down on the window sill. Peridot flinched back a little, looking at the gems again. Garnet stepped forward, looking down at the distraught gem.