Babies day out

Damian had a really hard time making friends, Dick soon found. The boy kept staring at the other children like they were about to jump him, which was weird in so many ways, but still kind of adorable.

So Dick would be the one to sit with him and play. The park trips were hilarious even after people began thinking Dick was Damian's dad - though Dick barely looked old enough to drive, go figure - and Damian seemed to particularly enjoy the swings, kicking his little legs out and clicking his tongue when Dick didn't push him in what he deemed high enough.

Then Jason began hanging around too. Dick wasn't sure, but it really looked like Jason was trying to compete with Dick for Damian's affection, which was totally stupid. Everyone knew Damian liked Alfred the best.

"This is so fucking lame." Jason mumbled, dragging his feet across the dirty beneath the swing he was currently occupying - and keeping kids away from with the nastiest glare Dick had ever seen on his little monster of a brother's face.

"You should be enjoying yourself, aren't you like seven?"

"Oh, I know what you should do!" Jason exclaimed all fake peppiness and smile "Go fuck yourself!"

"Fuck!" Damian agreed and got a giggle from a little boy and a scandalized huff from a woman nearby.

A woman dressed as a nun.

"Sorry, ma'am!" Dick called cheerily.

The nun was still giving them looks and trying to pull the little boy away from them, but the boy didn't seem to mind the cussing at all and was smiling widely at Damian.

Damian's eyes were wide as saucers as he stared back, arm stretched, leaning forward so much that he was nearly doubling over the edge of the swing.

The boy inched forward and Damian grabbed a lock of the former's hair. His red hair.

Jason groaned loudly, body falling back dramatically "Oh God, he's got your genes..."

"What?" Dick asked a bit distracted by the way Damian looked so awed by the little boy's red hair.

"Red hair. Goddamn it, Dick, of the things you could pass on to the kid you choose your red head obsession."

Dick thought of arguing, but couldn't really. Damian did seem pretty smitten by Babs on the twenty seconds they saw each other. He really needed to get those two together again.

The nun's expression would be awesome if she didn't look like she was about to have a stroke. Yet somehow, even through Jason's ever so helpful personality, Dick charmed her into letting the little boy play with Damian.

"Thank you, Mister!" the boy shouted excitedly and Dick melted.

"I think I just puked a little rainbow in my mouth." Jason said as soon as the nun stepped away "Why is the ginger hanging with Sound of Music?"

"He's probably an orphan."

"Oh wow" Jason's eyebrows shot up "Kid's got Bruce's orphan thing. And your red head thing. What a bright future for the Wayne youngest."

The little boy yacked away as he shared Damian's toys and Dick really wished Damian could talk too. You know, more than the cussing he and Jason taught him. Real words. It would be awesome.

When it was time to go, the little red head waved at Damian, who looked really desperate for a second before breaking into a run after his new friend. Dick chased him just in time to see Damian giving the boy one of his toy cars.

The nun looked utterly uncomfortable "You should take this back." she told Dick taking the car from the boy.

"-tt-"