Ch. 41

( Tatianna )

We pulled up to the apartments and parked side by side. They were really nice. Upstairs and downstairs. The furniture people pulled up at the same time as we did. I met up with the driver.

Driver: 1529 Apartment C?

Me: Yep.

Driver: Alright. Well start with the upstairs things. Like the beds.

Me: Alright.

I unlocked the door and went in. The driver and a few other men helped bring up the beds and things.

- - -

( Jordan )

We were at Dre's house.

Me: I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Keko: Like what?

Me: I dunno.

Dre: Okay , let's see. You got your tux?

Me: Yeah.

Selena: Shoes?

Me: Yeah.

Keko: Tati's corsage?

Me: Damn. That's what I forgot. I gotta go pick it up.

Dre tossed me the keys and I walked out climbing into the escalade. I started the engine and pulled off. I drove to Franny's Flowers. I parked and got out walking inside. The teen behind the counter looked me up and down licking her lips.

Teen: May I help you?

Me: Yeah , I need to pick up my girls corsage.

Her smile faded.

Teen: Name and number.

Me: Jordan Henderson.

I told her my number.

Teen: Your total is 89.45 , I'll be back with your flowers.

I nodded and got out a hundred. She came back with the purple and red flower corsage in the box. I took it and gave her the money. I got my receipt and left. I got back in the escalade and saw it was 3:49 pm. I need to stop by the store.

I drove to food lion and parked. I got out locking the doors and walked in. I went down to the chip aisle. Someone called my name. I turned around and saw my ex. She was my first girlfriend. I dated her for about two years then her family moved and I haven't seen her since.

Me: Aziyah?

She smiled and walked down the aisle towards me.

Aziyah: Hi Jordan.

Me: Hey Aziyah.

I grabbed some sour cream and onion chips.

Aziyah: How have you been?

Me: Great. How about yourself?

Aziyah: I've been good.

Me: Good to know.

I was about to walk away when she grabbed my wrist stopping me from leaving.

Me: What do you want?

Aziyah: Jordan I'm sorry.

Me: For what? For leaving and not telling me? For not giving me a reason as to why you left? Right. I gotta go.

Aziyah: Jordan wait , can I at least have your number so we can talk about it?

Me: My girl wouldn't like that.

Aziyah: Please?

What harm could it do to give my number to her?