The Break-In

Chapter 29

Niall POV

“No Louis I told you that I will go pick up the car when it was ready and last time I checked it still wasn’t ready.” I said as I picked up the mess in my back seat throwing it in the trash.

“The guy said 5 and its 4:30 it should be already ready.” Said Louis as he kicked around a soccer ball.

“If the guy said 5 then he meant 5, not 4:30 and not 4:50, 5 o’clock on the dot Louis.” Grabbing the last bottle I tossed it in the trash can, turning to Louis I asked as I closed my door, “What’s the rush anyways? What do you need your car so bad for?”

Kicking the ball up in the air Louis runs and hits it with his head as he says, “I do have ladies I need to see.”

I laughed, “Really?”

Louis catches the ball and looks at me, “Yeah really, what’s funny?”

I smiled and shrugged, “Nothing I guess, I just wasn’t aware that you were you know, testing the field, so to speak.”

“I do have a life outside of this warehouse Niall.” said Louis.

Grabbing a pop from the ice cooler I smiled, “Yeah I know that.” Looking at Louis I could see the irritation I was starting to cause creeping onto his face, so quickly changing the subject I said, “So anymore leads with the chip?”

Louis drops the soccer ball on the ground, “No, nothing has hit our radar so it’s literary MIA right now.”

I groaned, “Why in the hell is it so hard to find this 1 chip?”

Louis kicks the ball at the side of the warehouse and says, “Well I don’t think it was made to be found so easily. If that was the fact then what exactly would be the point in making it in the first place?”

I stifled an eye roll when my phone starts to ring. Glancing into my car, I leaned over the seat to see ‘Princess’ along the caller ID. Keeping my phone plugged in the charger as I answered I said, “Hey let me call you back in two shakes.” I pause to hear her response when Mel yells, “No!” I looked at the phone to make sure it was Mel when I said, “Princess?”

There was movement in her back ground when Mel says quietly, “Please don’t hang up I need you.”

Pulling the phone off the charge I stand up straight and say, “Princess what’s wrong?”

I start to hear sounds of crying and that’s when I noticed her ragged breathing as she says, “Someone’s at the door trying to break in, the house lines have been cut and so has the power, Niall I’m scared.”

I take a breath running my hand through my hair as I pace, what the hell is going on? I thought to myself when I stop mid-pace and say, “Alright, I’m going to need you to calm down, can you do that for me?”

Mel sounds like she Is trying to control her sniffles as she says, “Yeah.”

“Alright. Where are you?” I asked.

“In my closet.” Says Mel.

I pause again running my hand over my face, “Okay, I’m going to need you to get to my room. Go to my closet and grab my black box of Jordan’s at the bottom right hand side. There’s a gun there. I want you to take it and stay in my closet, I’m on my way.”

Mel is silent for a moment then she asks, “You have a gun?”

Climbing into the driver seat of my car I snapped, “Now is not the time for questions Princess. Just get the gun and stay in my closet till I get there, I’m 10 minutes away.”