Back To England (Long)

Mel POV

“Come on you owe me!” says Max as we sit down from grabbing our second round of dessert.

“I’m not doing that!” I laughed.

“Come on, just once?”

I looked at Max as he let his lip drop down like a puppy. Max knew I hated that lip, he could literally get away with anything when he did that. Once when I was 12 he did the puppy dog lip and ended up talking me into jumping off a huge rock causing me to sprain my collar bone.

Max lip started to tremble as I rolled my eyes.

“Damn it.” I say softly.

“So you’ll do it?” he asked.

Standing up I pulled my hair into a ponytail as I say, “Do I have much of a choice?”

“Nah not really.”

Shaking my head I stand as we walked to the center of the room where I metal bar hung down low from the ceiling.

“And you’re sure that it’ll hold?”

He nods, “Positive.”

Looking around at the dozens of people that surrounded us at the tables I laughed,

“Niall is going to be pissed if we get kicked out because of this.”

“There are plenty of hotel we can go to.”

“Then why do you want me to do this here?”

“Because it’ll be more fun.”

Tying my shoes more tightly I say, “Define fun.”

“This is going to be crazy cool! I doubt anyone has done this before.”

“Maybe because they didn’t want to get kicked out or arrested.”

“Come on Mel and be spontaneous for once.”

“This isn’t spontaneous, this is asking for my ass to get locked up.”

“Just do it!”

Groaning I say, “Fine. Give me a lift?”

Max nodded as he knelt down placing his palms together. 

“This is so stupid.” I say as I stepped up into his hand.

Lifting me to metal bar I place both hands on it. All eyes in the room stared at me. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and began doing an old routine that I use to do in gymnastic. Reading, dancing, and gymnastics were the top few things that calmed me down when I either got real upset or when I was trying to think things through. Since my dad’s journal was upstairs in the room with Niall, who was being a massive ass tonight, reading was out of the question. Which left dancing and gymnastics and I had no music so that just left gymnastic. Swinging back in forth I got to a reasonable height before I pulled my legs up and went over the beam. It was a really good thing that the bars where super low from the ceiling or swinging over to the bar would have been difficult. I did that and even a flip where I let go of the bar, just to grab it again. Finishing up the routine I dropped in my finishing stance and looked at Max and smiled.

“Perfect!” he yelled.

The room erupted into cheers as I blushed looking around.

“I can’t believe I just did that.” I said as Max wrapped his arm around my neck.

“I can’t either, but don’t you feel better?”

I nodded as a guy wearing a security outfit approached.