Chapter 5

It had been a week and a half since Alex “changed”, and he had learnt to accept that he wasn’t going home anytime soon. This weekend it was Shepherd's Fair, the school that Alex went to was lutheran, most of the things that the school named had something to do with “Shepherd” normally.

The fair happens once a year. It usually ends around 6pm, but this year the school decided they wanted to have it go through the night. The fair would have carnival rides, carnival games, food, a massive sale, face painting, all the things you would expect from a fair. Alex didn’t really do anything there the last year he went, the years before he did, until he decided he had grown out of all the rides. This year he decided he wanted to go to try and keep his mind off things. It was a free entry as usual, but if you wanted to really do anything it would cost you.

                           __________________________________

The teachers had gathered the students around to get volunteers for things like running stalls on the day. Alex never did the stalls, and he never will, the school can’t make him after all. The whole time he just sat there bored, but he still continued to think about Louise. Even though his heart was broken, it always repaired itself, just to get broken again unfortunately.

He didn’t talk to any of his friends anymore, besides they weren’t even his friends, never were. They were just a group of idiots he spent his time with. When he left the school years ago, no-one even said goodbye. Alex usually just spent his time in the library by himself now. Rumors started spreading, he was starting to be known as the emo faggot. Emo- yes, faggot- no. These people don’t even know what the definition is.

Every now and then he saw Skye from the corner of his eye, her long blonde hair, and large brown eyes. Alex used to have a crush on her, back before he moved. It was only a crush of course, he didn’t really have any emotional attachment to her. If anything Alex never felt true love until he met Louise.

Skye was never really a popular girl, he wasn’t sure why, and by the looks of it she still isn’t. She just hung out with her small group of friends, that got increasingly smaller over the years; Never really got any bigger. Skye always was an attractive woman, from her body shape, to her gorgeous face. It was a wonder why no-one else ever wanted to go out with her.

Alex wasn’t sure why, but since he’s been there every time he’s seen her she had always been looking at him, Alex thought he knew what this meant, but he didn’t want to think about it. He was in love with Louise, and she was all he loved and all he ever loved. Sure he knows he has to move on with his life, but he still can’t bear to leave behind everything else, even if that everything else never happened.