Chapter 4

As I sat waiting for Andy on the porch, I thought about how much I had missed her and how much excited I was to have her back. God I am going to be lonely when she leaves home. The thought of Andy leaving forever was horrible, I've dreaded the day that she'll leave and only return on thanksgiving and Christmas and birthdays. I grabbed my hot warm coffee that was in my favourite mug and sat there on the porch swing waiting for my baby girl to arrive back to her mom.

As I saw Mark's car pull up and a moody Andy and a Mark with a frustrated look on his perfect face. Oh god!! Stop thinking like that Lex I said to myself. They both out a fake smile on as they walked up towards the porch where I was sitting.

"So, how did it go?" I asked Andy with confusion in my tone.

"Um, I had a conversation with dad while we were fishing. And I had fun with Sofia." She replied with a bad attitude.
"Andy just because everything didn't go.."Mark started but was cut off by his own daughter
"Dad just shut up! I'm over it and don't want to talk about it and don't really give a fuck about it!" She said yelling cutting him off.

"Andy!! How dare you speak to your father like that! Apologise now!" I was angry with her, coming back with a bad attitude and then taking it out on Mark. Andy just looked up at me and turned to Mark and gave him an apologetic look and he just smiled and nodded his head.

"Thank you for taking me out dad.." Andy said hugging Mark and walking inside with her bag on her shoulder closing the door leaving Mark and I outside alone.

"When Andy said you and her had a discussion.." I stopped as Mark looked up from the ground at me with sorrow and sadness in his eyes
"Mark tell me.. You know you can tell me everything in here for yooo.. Ahhuhh" I gasped a big breath in as Mark embraced me in his muscular arms crying on my shoulder. I don't think there has been many times Mr. Mark Sloan has ever cried.

"I'm not crying.. I swear I think there was just a little gust of wind that flicked something in it..." He said with a chuckle and smiling and I smiled back knowing that I was blushing.

Mark holding me threw Sparks and the butterflies in my stomach flew around my body leaving me all tingly. As Mark gave me one more glance and a kiss on my forehead he smiled and walked off to his car as I walked inside to visit my grumpy teenage daughter again.

"Was she okay with you being there?" I said as soon as I saw her sitting on the couch with a bag of crisps.
Andy looked at me confused and then clicked to that I was talking about Julia.

"Who Julia?? Well yeah... well at the beginning I think it at least I think."

"Um?" I said, with now a mouth full of dip and crisps.

"Dad broke up with her right before we came back. After that, in the car, every time I was talking she was looking at me like as I was some nasty disease she could or something really horrid."

"Do you know why they broke up." I asked curiously.

"No.. Well actually, Sophia and I might have kinda overheard them talk and she kept saying you 'still love her' but I have no idea who the 'her' is" Andy said not really caring and continuing to watch her show.

I knew that the 'her' probably meant herself. But i couldn't tell her Andy yet at least. This could be bad u have to try to talk to Mark tomorrow or sometime soon before all hell breaks loose.

~<>~

The next morning at SGMW

While I was waiting for the patient who was arriving in the ambulance to come in so I could treat them I saw Mark walk my way.