King [Kageyama x Reader] [2/2]

Soulmate!AU where the first words your soulmate says to you is inked onto your wrist

A/N: Reader is Tsukishima Kei's sister and she's in her first year of high school while he is in his second year

The past few months had been complete and utter hell for Kageyama.

Ever since that day when he met his soulmate, he never had the chance to meet [Name] again to properly apologize for the way he acted. Looking back, he realized how horrible he was to her. It was every girl's dream to fall in love with their soulmate- to be showered with love and affection. But instead, he snapped at her; saying nasty things and even made her cry.

His heart clenched at the memory of her tear-streaked face and how she wanted nothing more than to get away from him. It hurt. So, so badly, and he didn't know what to do to atone for his mistakes.

The guilt weighed heavily down on him, and he constantly found himself lost in his own thoughts.

"Oi Kageyma! Your tosses are totally off! What's wrong with you lately?"

"Shut up, dumbass Hinata. I'll just toss it again..." His response lacked its usual vigor as he turned on his heel, grabbing another volleyball from the cart.

Kei eyed the setter with contempt. Even though he was still furious at Kageyama for making his sister cry, he knew that this couldn't carry on.

Soulmates were meant to be together, and rejecting the bond would only take a toll on both people.

"Tsukishima."

Kei turned at the call of his name and he stared down at Kageyama, who looked completely worn out with bags under his eyes; his complexion paler than usual as he asked, "how... how is she?"

"Well, she's certainly locks herself up in her room a lot, no thanks to you."

"I really didn't mean for things to turn out this way. Just... just let me talk to her... please. "

"I'm not keeping her away from you, Kageyama."

"Then help me."

"That's my sister you hurt." Kei hissed. He could almost see the last flicker of hope leave Kageyama's eyes and after a moment of contemplation, he sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "... She might just be closer than you'd expect.

"This time, don't you dare hurt her again."

By the time Kageyama could even comprehend what Kei meant, the blonde had already walked away.

She's in this school...

~~

"Nii-chan, you're back late today! Mum wants to start dinner soon."

Kei grunted as he stepped into the house, placing his shoes neatly onto the racks. "I was talking to Kageyama after practice."

"Why... why would you talk to him!" Huffing loudly at her older brother, [Name] frowned in distaste.

"Stop being so childish. We're on the same team. So obviously, I would have to talk to him sometime."

Walking up to the sofa where she was lounging, Kei sat down next to her. She was glaring at the television screen, a pout playing on her lips. He watched her for a moment before he broke the silence. "He's beating himself up over it, you know."