Game Stores [Kozume Kenma x Reader]

Soulmate!AU where a timer on your arm counts down to the moment when you meet your soulmate

A quiet sigh left his lips as Kenma put down his game console, having finished the game for the third time in less than one week. He shifted into a more comfortable position on his bed, his two-toned hair splayed all over his pillow as he checked his phone. Casually scrolling through some gaming forums, his eyes widened when he saw that one of his favorite video games from a couple of years back had just released a new version of the game.

He jumped out of bed almost immediately, excitement coursing through his vein. Grabbing a fresh set of clothes, he got changed and left his house, his pace quick as he walked to the station.

In the bout of his eagerness to get a new game, Kenma didn't notice how little time he had left on his timer.

01 : 30 : 00

Kenma was never one to concern himself with relationships, and he never thought much about the timer on his arm. To him, they were just numbers. Numbers which would count down to the exact moment where he would meet another person. That's it.

The train ride into the shopping district took him about an hour. But to get a new game, a trip into town would be worth it. After getting off the train, he walked through the familiar street to a large mall where the biggest gaming store in Tokyo resided.

00 : 49 : 17

Each time he visited the huge store, he would feel his body almost quiver with anticipation. The game store sold a wide variety products, including consoles and video games, all meticulously arranged in an organized manner. Kenma shuffled to the nearest shelf, browsing through the titles, looking for other games at the same time.

Time really does pass by quickly when you're enjoying yourself. Before he realized it, he had spent quite a bit of time in the store, and glancing at the number of games he had, he would probably be spending quite a bit of money too.

00 : 07 : 21

Throughout the time he was browsing, Kenma kept feeling a strange tingly feeling on his arm, it wasn't painful, per se. It was just... odd...

Pushing up his sleeve, he was shocked to see the numbers on timer, even if his shock didn't show on his face.

00 : 03 : 48

He wasn't ready for this. Meeting your soulmate is more or less equivalent to a lifetime commitment in the eyes of society, and he wasn't ready for that. He never even considered what would happen when he found his soulmate.

But as the seconds ticked away, he realized that if he were to be honest with himself, he was actually very excited to meet this person he was forever bound to.

00 : 01 : 07

Trying to ignore his racing heartbeat, Kenma joined the queue to pay for his games. He refused to look at his timer slowly change into smaller and smaller numbers.

00 : 00 : 30

Gritting his teeth, he moved up the queue, an expression almost akin to timidness breaking through his usually calm demeanor.

00 : 00 : 10

What was he supposed to say when he meets her? She could be anywhere, and what would other people say when they meet their soulmates for the first time? Spotting an empty counter, he walked over, his eyes trained to the floor while he did so.

00 : 00 : 05

Kenma was greeted by a cheery voice, and he slid the games over the counter to the cashier. An urge to look up at her struck him, and his eyes fell upon a girl about his age.

She turned back to him, and when she did, his amber eyes were met with a pair of pretty [e/c] colored eyes.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, he could hear a faint beeping sound. A shy grin reached her rosette lips. On their own accord, a small smile tugged on his lips too.

00 : 00 : 00