Chapter two

It's been a few weeks since I let and I sit on another bench unable to sleep. My phone died two weeks ago and I have no way to charge it also left my watch at home. I kinda regret leaving as I've already had 20 or so guys try to chat me up. I soon put them in their place. One of them with a broken nose and a kick in the balls.

I'm sitting their and see some tall person with dark hair walking around with a baseball bat. I'm glad I'm hidden within the shadows.

He walks over to one of the corner shops and tried to smashed open the door.

"Holy shit!" I gasp and he notices me, "You need help?"

He nods and continued to attempt to smash the door open. On his fifth the glass smashed enough so I could clime in.

"We split the money." The guy said and pushed his bat though the hole.

I grabbed it and smashed open the till pulling out all the money and shoving it in my pockets and bag. When it's empty I grab a handful of sweets and climb out.

Hearing sirens in the distance I say to the guy, "I know a spot we can escape."

"Naw thanks I have a car." he starts to run and calls, "Wanna come?"

I sprint to catch up and he opens the door of a pretty cool looking sports car, don't ask me what one I don't care for that sort of stuff. Let's just saw it looks pretty cool. I get in the passenger side and he speeds away.

"I'm Josh." He said keeping his eyes on the wheel.

"Layla." I reply.

"So Layla you been on the streets long." He asked.

"A few weeks." I started to sort out the money, "I would be doing alright if it wasn't for the fact my dear father cancelled his credit card. We got one hundred each."

He takes his share and asks, "You have a place to crash?"

I shake my head.

"Me and a few mates have a place. Wanna join us?"

"Yeah it can't be any worse than a bench." I said.

"Shit!" Josh mutters, "You ever fired a gun?"

"No why!" Josh parks his car on the side of the road and gets out.

"You need to learn." He hands me a gun and points to a load of teens all with weapons,"Wanna be gangsters. They would shoot without a second thought. And they hate us."

"Us?" I question.

"Me and my mates. We call ourself the sidemen." He gets out the car and takes cover behind a wall.

I do the same and Josh starts shooting. I hold the gun in my hand not knowing what to do.

"Shoot you idiot."

I shut my eyes and try to shoot not knowing if I hit or not. The second I open my eyes I notice a bullet I shot hit someone.

"Holy shit!" I say feeling very ill.

"There all gone." Josh says and looks at me, "Your kinda green."

As soon as I open my mouth to speak I puke up the little food I eaten all over the floor, "I want to go back to the real world."

"Open your eyes this is the real world." His expression serious, "You were born with a silver spoon up your ass. Lost the spoon or lose your life.

He jogs ahead and I sprint to catch up still feeling unwell,"Wait. What do you mean this is the real world?"

"Violence and pain. Something you never went though."