Chapter Four Falling For You

Authors Note: I know that technically Harry Potter would be much older than Charlotte but just for this story line... Charlotte is 22 and Harry is 23. Harry will be in this book but not until a little later! Thanks for reading!

***********************
Charlotte POV

I don't quite know what's happening.

I think, I think I'm falling in love.

With Carlisle Cullen.

I don't know, it's just, the way he looks at me! The way my name rolls off of his tongue as if he was born to speak it. Everything he does drives me crazy! But I work with him, that seems unprofessional, and he's Edwards father for crying out loud! My future brother-in-law also being my stepson? That's crazy!

But still Carlisle just drives me head over heels.
I can't ignore those suggestive looks he gives me for much longer. I've never had a romantic relationship before and it terrifies me. The thought of completely being infested into one another. Also, he's a vampire. I'm a witch. The supernatural worlds are not supposed to mix. That was my first real lesson, to be guarded against those that could injure me.

But Carlisle would never hurt me!

"Hello gorgeous." he was suddenly behind me holding out a cup of coffee for me.

"Hello handsome." I giggled and his eyes danced just like always as I took the coffee from him, our hands briefly touching.

"Thank you, I was feeling a little run down." I thanked him.

"My pleasure Charlotte." he smiled brightly and I resisted the urge to shiver "Are you going to come over again today?" He asked.

"If you would allow." I smiled and he nodded his head.

"I think my children and I have taken a strong liking to you." he laughed.

Did he just say children and I? Does that mean he likes me? But how exactly does he like me? What does that imply? Does it imply anything at all or am I just acting crazy?

"I've got a tonsillectomy to get to so I'll see you later okay?" I smiled up at him.

"Okay." He smiled back.

"Thanks again for the coffee." I thanked him and started walking backwards down the hall, not ready to have him out of my eyesight yet.

"Um-huh." he smiled his goofy grin and I nearly tripped over a gurney he made my heart flutter so much.

*****************
A week later

I have a date with Carlisle tonight.

I don't know how it happened either, he just flat out asked me and I immediately replied yes.

I have a date with Carlisle tonight.

I knocked on the door to the Cullen house around five thirty. I had gotten home and changed quickly from my scrubs to a nice party dress I had and headed to the Cullens.

"Hey Charlotte, come in." Edward smiled at me and held the door open wide.

"Hello Edward, where's my Bella?" I questioned him. She was never far from his side and that worries me a little.

"My sisters are currently playing Bella Barbie with her." he grimaced "Though my siblings all said they wished to speak with you." He laughed quietly to himself.

Suddenly I was seated in the living room next to my very amused looking sister, with only half of her hair curled, and I was surrounded by the Cullen kids.

"First things first you look lovely Charlotte!" Alice smiled brightly at me and I dipped my head in recognition "Now what are your intentions regarding our father." she suddenly took on a demonic tone.

"Umm...what?" I asked completely confused.

"Will you treat him properly? Make sure your the perfect women a perfect man like him deserves?" She started to rapid fire question me.

"What Alice means is...you're not planing on breaking his heart are you?" Rosalie asked and I could not believe what I was hearing.

"Me? Break his heart? Are you crazy!" I laughed and everyone else joined in "The only one in danger of dying of a broken heart is myself." I smiled sadly "Plus I'm way to guarded so good luck at tearing me down enough to actually break me." I laughed.

"Now children I do not want you to antagonize Charlotte in any way when she gets here." Carlisle said walking around the corner into the living room.

"Too late." I laughed.

"Well..." he smiled brightly at me "Charlotte, you look absolutely radiant." he took my hands and slowly pulled me off the couch and into a sweet hug.

"Well, you look quite dashing yourself." I pulled away slightly and smirked at him.

He was dressed in a casual suit and I was suddenly glad I had gone with my more elegant party dress.

"Aww, you two are so cute!" Bella exclaimed and I tried to turn my head to look at her.

Carlisle spun me in a quick circle and stopped me when I was facing her. Something about it made me smile so much I thought my teeth would pop out.

"Umm...I forgot what I was going to say to you. Oh well, I was probably just going to call you a dirty name anyway." I smiled at her.

"Would you two leave already?" Bella laughed.

"I'm sorry about my children." Carlisle spoke very seriously as we settled into his Mercedes.

"I understand Carlisle, they're protective of you, they love you very deeply." I smiled at him.

"You never never cease to amaze me Charlotte Swan." he laughed.

Poor Carlisle, you don't even know the real me.