Memories Fade

I don't remember taking the photo with him. I just remember being uncontrollable happy and wishing the moment would never end. However it had, an abrupt end that had cause John more pain then he ever deserved.

"I don't deserve him." I brushed a tear from my cheek and looked back down at the photo.

They were standing outside of 221B and had their arms around each other's shoulders. He looked a little nervous in the photo and John a little surprised that Sherlock had actually agreed to take a photo. Sherlock smiled as a bit of the memory returned.

He and John had just finished a big case and were returning home when some guy came by and asked if he could take their picture. He was doing and art exhibit called the life of London and he wanted to get a few photos of its inhabitants. John of course agreed right away and pulled Sherlock in front of the door and swung his arm around his shoulder. He had smiled nervously before swinging his own arm around John's shoulders. The photo had been a big hit for the artist, since it contained the famous crime solving duo. A few weeks after the exhibit the man had shown up again to give Sherlock a copy of the photo.

I was brought back to the present when the door opened and John was standing there staring at me. The happy memory of a time long past started to fade and all the pain hit me again.

"You are angry with me." I whispered.