Love Does Not

"You are angry with me."

I stared at him for a moment before storming in and taking the picture from his hand.

"Of course I am bloody well angry with you. You died Sherlock, you left me all alone for two years and then suddenly you reappear, and act like this. You are crying in the dark and you don't even look into my eyes anymore."

"John, I.."

"Don't interrupt me. You have no idea how much it hurt to be without you for two years, and now you won't even see me. I missed you Sherlock, can you understand how it feels to want to see someone, to be with someone even though you can't? Can you imagine the pain I went through?"

He stood up and took the picture from my hand and turned so I could see what it was of. I frowned, it was the famous photo of us, I didn't know he had that. He placed the photo back in my hand and sighed.

"I know exactly how it feels. Wishing each night that they were there with you, talking to you, comforting you. Hoping that when you woke up that you'd be back home with the people you care about, not in some cell. Clinging to the knowledge that everything you are doing is keeping those you love safe, keeping them happy. Because if they are happy you are happy. You think you were the only one who was affected by that day? I had to spend two years alone John. Two years of knowing that you could have moved on, and completely forgotten about me, while I woke up every morning clutching that photo, wishing that I could just hear your voice, even if you are yelling at me. I had to leave you John, remember that, because if I hadn't left you would be dead and then what would I have to live for?"

I took a step back. "Sherlock..." I dropped the photo and grabbed his shirt collar pulling him towards me. "Thank you." I whispered and placed a kiss on his lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist and his fingers played with my hair as the kiss continued. I could feel his smile and it made me smile as well.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips. "I have loved you for so freaking long, you have no idea."

I smiled and placed another kiss to his lips. "I think I know how long."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, since I've loved you just as long. The first day, I called you brilliant, not a freak or a robot, I called you brilliant, and they way your eyes lit up was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen."

Sherlock smiled. "You are quite the romantic." His smile faded. "What about Mary?"

I laughed. "She's just a friend Sherlock, I love you."

"I love you too." His grip tightened and he buried his face in my jumper. "Please don't leave me."

"Never, nothing can make true love go away."

Sherlock looked up into my eyes and smiled. "I like romantic you."

"Lets go catch a movie."

Sherlock nodded and followed me out of the flat. We walked hand in hand, and I realized it was the most comfortable thing I had ever felt. We were meant to be together, I knew it as did he and that's all that mattered, for true love never truly fades away.

«-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------»

Yeah first johnlock fic is finished. I hope you liked it, sorry if you wanted a sad ending, but my love of true love came through and I had to make the ending happy! JOHNLOCK FOREVER!