Ch. 10 Long wait

The door flew open and in walked my dad.

"MUNCHY ROSALIE LENNER!," He screamed, "Why is your window open? And why are you talking on the phone at this hour?" He questioned.

I looked over to where Ryan was sitting and he was gone. "I, uh, I got hot," I lied, "and I was talking to the "crazy" boy." I looked down at the floor, not daring to look at my father in the eyes. Lying to him wasn't easy, especially when I wasn't talking to the crazy boy of Aden, I was talking to Ryan.

"I like that boy. He truly is a gentlemen. Make sure he brings me some chips." He said as he waved and shut the door and left. I got up and looked out the window and saw Ryan to the left of my window on the roof.

"That was a close one!" He whispered.

"Yeah! You would of been toast." I answered. We both looked at each other and laughed. "Come back inside." He gave me a doubtful look but followed me in and sat on my window still with the window open.

"That's dangerous," I said motioning at where he was sitting.

"I like a little risk." He answered winking at me.

"Oh do you," I said walking toward him teasing him about pushing him, "What if I push you?" I asked.

"You'll save me, I know you will." He said smiling at me.

"hmm, I don't think I will." I said walking toward him.

"You will." He said.

"I won't save you, watch me," I said as I teasingly pushing him out the window. But as I jokingly pushed him lightly, I realized I didn't push him lightly. Ryan started falling backwards. I quickly grabbed a hold of the collar of his shirt and pulled him back into the room, stopping him from falling backwards, and pulling him too close. Our lips were inches away. Our eyes staring at each other. I watched his eyes as he looked at my lips, and my eyes looked at his lips. We were inches away. I looked back at his beautiful eyes and found myself getting closer and closer to them. I was lost in my eyes when I heard,

"I told you, you would save me." He said staring at my lips.

"You always save me, I thought it was time to save you." I said staring at him, breathing hard.

"I like you Munchy." Ryan said as his eyes looked at mine.

"I have a boyfriend," I said dropping my gaze and backing away from him and feeling ashamed for wanting to kiss him. I looked back at him and saw hurt in his eyes. Then he turned around and jumped out of my window onto the floor. I ran to the window looking for Ryan, but he was no where in sight. He was gone. He left me with many questions unanswered. I stared at my window and watched as the raindrops started to hit the earth. And in no time it was raining hard. In a little bit of seconds the sunshine was gone, just like Ryan.

It's been two days and I hadn't seen Ryan. Or slept. Not a single second. Every morning my eyes were bloodshot, until I rinsed my face. Every morning I would stare into the mirror and watch my eyes go crazy, my pupils getting bigger and smaller only in result for my eyes to get darker. My honey brown eyes are no longer honey brown, they are chocolate brown. Dark chocolate brown. I don't sleep, my eyes are changing colors, and I want answers. But my answers are with Ryan. And my answers are like Ryan, no where to be found. Every once in awhile when I go to the grocery store I stop by at Ryan's only to be knocking for hours, waiting for someone who is not there. Ryan is gone. And I feel more alone than ever. Although I have family time, it's not the same. I missed Ryan.

"At least Aden will be back tomorrow," I whispered.

"Huh?" My mother said as she stood at my door.