The Fire is an Expeller

We read in verse 3 that the viper came “out of the heat.”  In other words, the snake had been hiding among the cold, dead woods.  It’s the kind of place Satan loves to dwell in - in cold, lifeless congregations; among dead woods, who lack the fire of God in them. Such were the woods Paul gathered for the fire, as God shall soon gather all lukewarm persons for the fire of hell (Matthew 3:10; John 15:5-6). The heat of Paul’s fire expelled and exposed the beast.  Similarly, when the fire of God starts burning in your soul, Satan can stand you no longer.  He will run out from you, “out of the heat,” fleeing for dear life.

Dead congregations are the cherished habitation of vipers - devils.  Demons love to propagate that coldness, or, at best, lukewarmness, in people, so as to make God spew them out (Revelation 3:15-16).  Therefore, the devils would usually resist the fire from coming into any life, because they cannot stand the heat once the fire starts.  If your own fire is burning out, go gather wood for it, and take time to fan the embers back to life.

I pray that God’s fire will start burning in your life, in your soul, in your church; and that it will expel every viper that has been hiding among the cold dead wood there for no matter how long.  Amen.