1;

I sat silently at the back of the class room, sure the rest of the kid were loud but it was almost soothing. The noise around me made me feel comfortable, unlike awkward silence.

No one was talking to me, but that wasn't unusual. I had one friend, Michael and I was oddly okay with it. I was always the one who pushed anyone away, no one was mean to me though. People would send me small smiles once in awhile and I'd return them.

I was broke out of my thoughts when the classroom door opened, I assumed it was the teacher so I went back to my book and read. English class was easy as shit, all we did was talk and read.

"Class this is Luke Hemmings, a new student" I glanced up to see a lanky boy, his hair was styled in a messy way, he wore black skinny jeans similar to the ones I had on, except mine had holes in the knees. I finally looked up at his face to see his eyes were already on me.

I immediately looked down, and went back to reading. I knew the girls around me were drooling over him. If I wasn't so shy, id be doing the same.

"Take a seat behind Airlynn" as the words came out of her mouth, I tensed up. Fuck.

"Raise your hand Airlynn" I slowly put my hand In the air, not looking directly at Luke.

I put my hand down and went back to my book, I heard the chair scrap against the ground when he sat. I tapped my fingers against the desk trying to calm myself. Michael wasn't in this class with me, and that always made me uneasy.

I pulled on my Metallica tank top, trying to fix the wrinkles. I sighed, and closed my book, I grabbed my phone that had vibrated.

From:Michael

Dude, new kid I guess? You seen him yet?

To: Michael

Yeah, he's in my English class. Hella hot.

I was comfortable around Michael. We'd been friends since 5th grade when he gave me his Doritos, cause some bitch stole mine. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me.

"You think I'm hot" I felt his breath fan across my ear. I shivered a little and nodded. What's the point in lying if he saw the text.

"You aren't to bad yourself" he kissed my cheek and sat back in his chair. My eyes went wide. Jesus this boy had some nerves.

I let out a puff of air and ran my hand
through my lilac dyed hair. Another reason me and Michael had gotten along was our love for hair dying.

I shifted uncomfortably, deciding to ignore the fact my phone buzzed again.

After a half an hour of reading the bell rang loudly causing me to jump a little. I stood and shoved everything into my bag. Trying desperately to leave this stuffy room.

As I exited the room I felt someone's hand grip my own. I felt my arm tingle but ignored it.

"Uh, could you show me where mrs. roberts room is" I looked up to see Luke, he suddenly look insecure. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled.

"Follow me" I spoke softly, returning the same smile. He felt, welcoming almost.

I walked down the hall as Luke walked right next to me. The kids in the hall stared but I ignored them.

"Air" I Michael wave at me and I smiled widely. He had been out of school for a week, had a cold or something.

He ran up to me and hugged me tight. I glanced up at Luke to see him rolling his eyes. He looked pissed.

"Luke this is Michael my-" I looked up at him to be cut off.

"Your boyfriend" he snapped. I flinched at his tone. I hated being snapped at.

"No fucker, her best friend" Michael snapped back at him. Luke's eyes softened and his arms fell to his side.

"Oh" he shifted uncomfortably.

"Now, it nice to meet you" Michael smiled at him and I laughed smacking his arm. He always did this.

"I'm really sorry Airlynn, I just got jealous" his hand shot up his mouth as the words fell out.

"Slow your roll Luke, we just met. You can be jealous in a week" I felt so comfortable around him. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

As we walked to English I freaked out. Not physically, but mentally. Why did I kiss his cheek. Fucking idiot.

Michael and Luke walked on either side of me,but I was to caught up in mentally scolding myself o pay attention to there words.

"Air, for fuck sake" Michael snapped his fingers in my face and I finally looked at him.

"Sorry" I mumbled, not looking at Luke.

"Luke asked us to hang out at his house after school. You don't have anything to do so I said yes." I scoffed a little.

"How do you know-" Michael shushed me.

"Air, I'm your only friend" I sighed and nodded. Agreeing to go wasn't the way idea, I developed feelings for people to quick. It was a curse. I already knew I had a tiny crush on Luke. I wasn't even going to deny it. 

"We're here" I sighed and entered the class room. I sat down in the way back like usual, and Luke sat next to me. Michael sat towards the front of the room since he was basically blind.

"You okay?" Luke spoke poking my side.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" I sent him a small smile and brought my attention to the notes in the board.

----
just so everyone knows, this book will probably move really fast bc I'm impatient as shit