Celebrations in Mardi Gras City

AN: I am so unbelievably proud of this book! It took me a little bit to get rolling, but as soon as I was able to get into the groove of things it seems as though the entire thing just flew by. This is probably one of my favorite chapters so please enjoy the conclusion to She Brings Us Hope!

Elena awoke dazed and plagued by the thoughts of her savior and the dry, chalky feeling that coated her throat. The latter of the two she knew that it was thirst for blood. The former confused her; was it a hallucination or did he really come back from the dead and save her?

She sat up in her bed back at the Mikaelson's Plantation House. Her bones and joints groaning in protest of her movement. Removing herself from the bed she was sure that a nice cup of blood would be sure to grease up those joints nicely. Clomping down the stairs without a care in the world she was startled entirely as she was tackled into a warm hug. The young vampire relaxed as she realized it was Rebekah that had attacked her with affection. "What happened Rebekah? Last thing I remember is seeing- Oh my god! Is he really alive? Does he- Does he want to see me? Does he want to kill me? I'd completely understand if he wanted to kill me." Elena asked in a slightly flustered state. Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Of course he's really alive. And I highly doubt he would've saved you if he wanted to kill you." Rebekah scoffed at Elena. Not even a second later the blond Original pondered her last statement. "Unless he wanted to kill you himself... Which wouldn't surprise me that much." Rebekah shrugged in nonchalance. Elena's mouth was agape as she stared at her friend slightly hurt. "Oh don't look at me like that. I'd never let him actually kill you. You're my best friend. Not mention Nik is practically in love with you and Elijah has always had that weird fascination with you. Neither of them would allow him to hurt you either." Rebekah talked as she walked with Elena into the kitchen. The brunette rolled her eyes as she opened the fridge retrieving a bag of A Positive. Grabbing a mug out of the cupboard she deposited the sticky liquid into it and shoved it into the microwave to warm up. 

"Speaking of your brothers: Where are they?" Elena inquired turning back to Rebekah. "In the parlour waiting for you to join them." Elena nodded as she removed the mug of freshly reheated blood from the microwave. Without wasting another moment Elena joined the brothers in the parlour where they were seated on the couches along with Marcel. All of them looked solemn. Elena couldn't fathom why. She couldn't think of why they would be so sad. Elena stepped in cautiously ultra aware of her surroundings. Klaus was the first one to stand. He immediately pulled her close to him and pressed a searing kiss to her lips. She responded quickly. The kiss was not heated, but grateful and amicable. No hard feelings between them whatsoever; to which Elena was glad. She knew that the Originals had every right to hate her; just as she had every right to hate them. Especially after what happened with him.

Elena saw movement out of the corner of her eye and untangled herself from Klaus. Looking at the man who had saved her life she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty. Despite everything she had done to him he had still saved her from death. "No hard feelings, Darling. I had plenty of time on the Other Side to quell any anger I held towards you." He moved forward as if to embrace the young vampire, but she moved back slightly with a confused look on her face. "I don't understand. How can you just forgive me? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I just wonder why you would forgive me even after I held a very big part in your murder, Kol." The youngest Mikaelson brother stopped for a moment as if he was truly pondering her question. "I loathed you at first. I had so many plans on how to end your life. I forgot any anger I held towards you as soon as you were able to forgive my family and all the hardship we had sent you through. Klaus killed your aunt Jenna and even you. Elijah had betrayed you. Even my little sister wronged you after she sent you over that bridge ending your human life. You managed to forgive them all. You even fell in love with Nik. But most of all I'm forgiving you because you learnt your lesson when you released Silas. You all nearly released hell on earth, but you fixed it. So no harm no foul am I right?" Kol sent her a smirk as he threw his feet up on the coffee table. Elena was still a little bit skeptical, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Alright. All's forgiven. I am sorry for killing you though. You were right about Silas and I didn't listen to you because I was too interested in finding the Cure for myself." The young vampire held out her hand in truce. Kol ignored it instead bringing her in for a hug. She hugged him back not finding the hug as awkward as she thought it would be. Pulling back Kol gave everyone a lazy grin "Now why don't you all tell me what happened." Elena nodded as she began accounting the things that Kol had missed.