If I Call You Savior, Will I Just Be A Charity Case?

Skar's POV

I had two thoughts going through my head at this point. The first being of course not you ignorant fuck! and the second being I'm so going to die. I'm an optimistic person *please note the dripping sarcasm*. Realizing I wasn't going to say anything, he just got up, walked over to me, and dragged me over to the corner of Sue's. Somebody he had been sitting with looked over to us. I didn't pay him much mind.

"Hey whore. Remember back when we were fifteen? Yeah, I've missed you. You felt really nice. But you ran away." He squeezed my wrists and I wimpered in pain. "Why did you leave Skar?" He sneered right in my face, making me back up against the wall.

"Fuck off Rowdy. I've tried to forget you ignorant little bastard. But for some reason, I can't forget the WORST part of my fucking LIFE!" I was getting pissed now. But I already knew what was going to happen. I wouldn't go down without a fight though.

"Now why would you say something like that? You're still a fucking bitch, in my opinion. I hope you know what's going to happen. Oh, I'm going to be in you so deep, maybe you'll die afterwards too. That would be so great!"

Something very unexpected happened next. Rowdie was ripped from his menacing stance in front of me. There was arguing, but to be honest, I was a little shell shocked. I couldn't hear what they were saying. A hand appeared in front of me. I looked up to the owner.

"Here, lets get you out of here," he said.

"......Cade?" I asked, like the word was foreign. Why did he rescue me? He sure didn't give a flying fuck about me when we were in school.

"Yes Skar, it's me. I understand if you don't trust me, but I have needed to do this for a long time." At that precise moment, the doorbell rang. I looked up to see the biggest opportunity of my life walk through the door.

"I'm sorry Cade, but I really need to talk to someone." He looked over at the man and understood.

"Okay, but can we talk afterwards? I really have some things to say."

"Sure," I said as I hurried over to the producer dude. I approached the table and sat in front of the man. He recognized me instantly.

"Ah, Skar, I'm truly excited about this little meeting. I've listened to the demo you sent in, and I love it. I love it a lot. I was wondering actually if you and your band- The Black Cross- would want to come in and play for me sometime."

And every single nerve just relaxed.

"Umm, yeah that would be great! I would love to! We would love to!" I said. I was so happy right now, which was a big improvement from about five minutes ago.

"Great."

We spent the next half hour talking about the band and when we should stop by the studio. He left with a smile on his face. I probably was wearing one of those I'm-really-happy-right-now-and-I-probably-look-like-an-idiot-but-I'm-trying-not-to-scream type looks. I was about to leave when I felt a tug on my hand. I looked back to see a nervous looking Cade. Oh yeah, almost forgot.

"Hey..." he said awkwardly.

"Hey. What did you want to talk about?" I asked him, slightly nervous also. I didn't know why he was nervous, but damn I was pretty sure my reason was obvious.

"Listen, I'm so sorry about what happened when we were fifteen. I was going to stop him, that filthy bastard, but I'm a coward. I didn't want to ruin my friendship and reputation by making him stop. For the last eleven years, I've needed to get that off my chest. I didn't ever want him to hurt you. I thought you were absolutely gorgeous and I wish I could have been stronger. You always intrigued me with the way you weren't afraid to be yourself, even though you knew you would get shit for it. I admire that. I just wish I could have said all of this sooner. And as a side note, I had a huge crush on you throughout high school, I was just to afraid to admit it. In fact, right now seeing you, I feel how I did back then. But I completely understand if you don't like me back."

Well fuck. That was.... A lot.

"Well, you seem to realize that you should have helped. You're just a tad late on the whole thing. I guess I can see where you're coming from though. I mean, you had friends, you were the main jock. You had to make sure that you didn't blow it all. Especially on the life of a simple waste, an outcast, a freak of nature who wears to much black. I never liked you through high school. I don't like you now. I always feared you. But now, I've grown. I can stand up for myself. Honestly, I haven't changed other than that though. And I guess what I'm afraid of now is that you haven't either. That you're still just some scared little boy."

Again, fuck. That was a lot off of my shoulders. But I feel better now I guess.

"That's completely understandable. In fact, I'm afraid of that myself." He turned to walk out of the diner. I glanced outside and it was raining. How classic. I honestly have no idea why the next words flew out of my mouth though.

"Cade, umm, thanks. For y'know, telling me. That helps a bit."

"No problem."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Like a beast! So, I have a feeling this is a bit of a short chapter, sowwy! But I uploaded and I don't know about you, but I liked it. I'm an awkward glass of orange juice though. Anyways! Vote, comment, fan, I don't know, but stay beautiful and read on my band loving minions!

~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~