Owen Grady

The next thing I know is I'm back in the main area with Lottie, holding a gun and shooting down the Dimorphodon's and Petranodon's. I pick one off trying to take a man but more and more keep on coming. Lottie stands on top of an upturned Ice-cream trolley and calls out for the boys. She spots them but so has a Petranodon. I aim and shoot; only managing to clip its wing making it fall to the ground and nearly piercing Anthony and Ian. I take a deep breath and lower my gun to wipe the sweat from my forehead. I glance at Lottie and she smiles back at me, but then her smile falls and it's too late for me to understand why. I'm knocked to the ground by a bloody Dimorphodon. I roll onto my back, my face inches away from its snapping jaws. Its breath stinks and it takes a lot of force not to throw up. I try and push it off me, but its jaws keep on getting closer to my face. I take one last effort to push it off, but someone has kicked it onto the ground and put several bullets in it. I take a long breath out. Lottie's standing by my side holding a gun.
"Thanks." I laugh.
"Good job you have a best friend who can aim." She tucks her hair behind her ears and helps me up.
I rub some dirt off my pants and I grab Lottie's waist pulling her into me. I look into her blue eyes as I kiss her and the world falls away. It is slow and soft, comforting in ways that words could never be. My hand rests below her ear, my thumb caressing her cheek as our breaths mingle. She runs her fingers down my spine, pulling me closer until there is no space left between us and I can feel the beating of her heart against my chest. Reluctantly, I step back, and she blushes.
"Is that strawberry lip balm?"
"Maybe." She hugs me. "Don't scare me like that again. I thought you were going to get ripped to shreds right in front of me." She nestles her head on my chest.
"I won't." I hold her at arm's length. "But you did look sexy with that gun." I smirk and she rolls her eyes.
Lottie looks over at the boys and runs to them, arms outstretched, hugging them tightly.
"I am never letting you go again." Lottie says, kissing their cheeks.
"Mom!" Anthony groans and pushes her off him.
I walk up behind them and signal to Lottie to hurry up.
"We are going to take you to a safe place. Okay?" She holds Ian's hand and we run to where Lottie parked the car.
Lottie's phone rings and I can barely hear it over the chaos.
"Hello? What? ... You're doing what with the Raptors?" She ends the call.
"Son of a bitch!" I clench my fists.
"You shouldn't say bitch." Ian comments.
"We need to get to the Raptors."
The wooden gates start to creak under the pressure of the people pushing them on the other side. I curse under my breath.
"Get in the car! We need to get the boys somewhere safe." I shout, over the bang of the gates opening.
People run screaming straight towards us. I push the kids into the car and I reverse it behind a wall. We sit in silence and catching our breath. I turn round and inspect the boys.
"You two okay? You don't need any medical attention?" I raise my eyebrow.
Anthony and Ian shake their heads.
"Good, cause we need to get to our babies."
I turn on the engine and step on the accelerator.
"Anthony! Ian! Put your seatbelts on." Lottie tuts.

It's dark by the time we get to the Raptor enclosure. I turn off the engine.
"Wait in the car." I look at Ian and Anthony.
Henry looks up and spots me walking over to him.
"Mr Grady ..."
Before he can finish his sentence I punch him in the face.
"What are you doing, Wu, with my Raptors?" I shout.
"We are going to hunt down the Indominus Rex with them." He holds his jaw.
"We are not setting any Velociraptors loose on this island." I glare at him.
"It's the only way we are going to kill this thing. And we will do it with or without you, Grady."
I sigh, "Let me have a word with Lottie first."
I turn around to her.
"We have nothing to lose, Owen. We have done it tones of times with them. What's going to make this one any different?" She won't meet my eyes,
"We have never taken them out there."
"It's just hide and seek. Do it. I'm going to stay with the boys." She walks to the car. "Oh and Owen, make sure Blue isn't as stubborn as she usually is." She gets the boys out of the car and walks to a van.
I turn back to Henry. "Fine." I pinch the bridge of my nose. "But it's my rules."
"Excellent." He smirks.
"I need to talk to your men."
Wu leads me to a temporary shelter where a group of fierce-looking men are sat around a table with a map.
"Right! Everyone this is Mr Owen Grady, he is leading this mission. So, do everything he says." Henry clasps his hands together.
"Okay," I point to a section on the map. "The Indominus Rex is somewhere in this section. My Raptors will be able to hunt her down. We have done this hundreds of times, we call it hide and seek. They will herd her into a kill zone. On my order, we shoot. But only when I say. You got it?"
There are some mumbles around the men.
"Don't shoot my Raptors, please."
I look over at Henry and he gets everyone into position. I walk past the holders, which the Raptors are in, holding the chunk of Indominus and letting them get a good smell of the Indominus. Lottie walks up to me.
"Hey, I want to help." She looks me in the eyes. "Please."
"No."
"Why?"
"Because someone needs to look after the boys." I mumble the next bit. "And I can't lose you."
She grins, cupping her ear. "What was that last bit? I didn't hear you, speak up."
I sigh. "I can't lose you."
She folds her arms and looks me straight in the eyes. "Fine, I won't come. But don't let them kill our Raptors." She looks over at the four holders, confused. "Charlie's going?"
"She is the most behaved. Also, she seems to have a good effect on Blue."
Lottie rolls her eyes. "I'll be in the van. Stay safe, Raptor Boy."
"I will, Raptor Girl." I mumble to myself.
Right, best get out of here before these beauties are released. I walk over to Henry.
"If this plan doesn't work, what will happen?" I ask him.
"We will evacuate the Island. Boats will be here at first light." He gulps and walks off.
I clap my hands.
"Right everybody, follow my lead." I shout jumping on my bike. "Let's take this girl down."
I start up my bike and signal for them to open the containers. I feel the adrenaline coursing through me. Then we're off.

I closely follow behind Blue, who is leading the pack. I look round at my Raptors and I can't help but grin. The feeling is amazing. If we weren't hunting a genetically modified dinosaur right now, I would be screaming with joy. I take a look at my tracker.
"They're slowing down." I shout to the men behind me.
Blue runs ahead to a clearing, closely followed by Charlie, Echo and Delta. I stop my motorbike and turn off the engine. Everyone gets out of the van and we position ourselves behind a fallen tree. The Raptors communicate to one another and pace around nervously. The Indominus comes out of the trees and stands staring at the animals in front of her. She roars and Blue calls back.
"Something's not right." I say to the men lined up next to me. "They're communicating."
"How?" A scared young man asks me.
"She's part Raptor."
All the Raptors turn and look at me.
"Watch out Raptors got a new Alpha." I shout.
And that's when the chaos begins. The men on either side of me begin shooting the Indominus as my Raptors scatter. Someone manages to make the Indominus fall and for one hopeful second, I thought we had done it. But life isn't that easy, it gets up and runs off. The men start to advance further into the forest and soon my Raptors are picking them off. I see Charlie feasting on a man. She looks up at me and cocks her head. I smile.
"It's okay." I whisper.
She chirps.
"Good girl." I smile.
A blast pushes me back and I hit a tree. I look eyes wide at the spot where Charlie was. Those bastards shot my Raptor! I stand up and I notice Blue trying to get someone. My bike! I jump onto my bike and rev the engine. Blue looks up and eyes me suspiciously. I turn around and she follows me running at full speed. So, this is how it ends then?