3: Night Risks

"What first?" Joe asked with excitement flooding his voice. "I don't know, how about we play this game called 'sleep'. It's where you close your eyes for a long period of time." Beth said sarcastically and threw a pillow over her head. "How about we play gossip." He said like a 3 year old.
Before Beth could even open her mouth to respond to the dumb comment she heard footsteps coming towards the room. It could only be Annette's parents.
"Get on the bed, under the covers and sleep." Beth commanded quickly. "So you want me in bed with you." He responded slyly. "Shut up and do as I say or all three of us will get in trouble." She said stricter than she meant. Joe quickly obeyed her harsh command and lied in the bed with the blankets over him. Beth rolled him over so his hair was facing the door and pulled the covers up so it was just above the top of his head. She then slipped half herself into the sleeping bag.
Beth squeezed her eyes shut when she heard the door swing open. "Stay calm and asleep Beth." She thought to herself, even though it was hard to stay calm when half her body was under a boiling hot blanket and the other half was exposed, revealing her scraped and bandaged knees from climbing up the fence. "She goes and gets drunk, maybe she shouldn't be hanging around Annette anymore." They heard one of them whisper but Beth couldn't make out which one. "So she has a drink, let the girl have a little fun in life." Someone, who Beth made out to be Mrs. Garrett, defended her. "Thanks Mrs. G." She thought to herself. There was no way she was loosing her best friend to this. "Should we follow in her footsteps and pop a bottle of wine?" They heard Mr. Garrett laugh, trying to be romantic. They were quiet for a few moments and then Mrs. Garrett took a breath, like she was breaking up a kiss, and then said, "I'm going to check on Joe, get the glasses out and I'll be there in a minute." They could hear the smile on her face when the door was shut.
Beth jumped up, rolled Joe over and yelled at him to run to the bathroom. "What?" He spoke like he just woke up. "I said go to the bathroom, your parents are going to look for you and you're going to walk out of the bathroom and play it off like that's where you were." Beth pushed him off the bed and prayed he didn't mess this up.
"Joe?"
"Is he not in his room?"
'Come on Joe.'
"I was in the bathroom."
Beth took a deep breath, he didn't mess up.
"Ok, goodnight honey." Mrs. Garrett said and shut Joe's door.
Five minutes pasted of silence before Joe found his way to Annette's room. They looked at each other for a few moments before Joe pulled her in for a hug. Beth let him do it for a few seconds before she pulled away. "What are you doing?" She tried to act surprised. "Hugging a hot senior." He tried to play it off cool but you could sense that he was tensed up. "Let's just finish this night." Beth sighed
_______________
_______________
YAY FOR UPDATES!!! This is very short and bad but I wanted to give you guys an update before I went to camp. I won't be updating for 2 weeks so I'm sorry for having to make you wait. I'll try and update when I get back!