Chapter 3

When Dash regained consciousness, she found herself in a dark room. She tried to shake her head, but found that the taut leather strap kept it firmly in place. She struggled to move, but the braces around her chest and limbs glued her to the upright planks. Her legs were spread wide apart. The only part of her not tied down were her wings, as the frame was backless. As she writhed, Pinkie jumped into her line of sight.

"Goodie, you're awake. Now we can get started," she gleefully stated. She was pushing a cart covered with a cloth.

"Pinkie, what's going on? I can't move!" Dash said in a worry.

"Well, duh, you're tied down," Pinkie chided, "That's why you can't move. I didn't think you needed to be told that."

"But why? What's happening? I thought you said I was going to help make cupcakes."

"You are helping. You see, I ran out of the special ingredient and I need you to get more."

"Special ingredient?" Dash was now breathing heavily and starting to panic. "What special ingredient?"

Pinkie giggled and responded, "You, silly!"

Dash's eyes widened, her face contorted in fear. Then she started to laugh. "Woo, really got me there, Pinkie Pie. I mean, tricking me in to thinking I'm gonna get made to a cupcake. I gotta tell you, this the best prank yet. You win, you're the best."

Pinkie giggled even more. "Aw, thanks Dash. But I haven't done pranks today, so I can't accept your praise."

Dash was struggling again. "Pinkie, come on, this isn't funny."

"Then why were you laughing?" Pinkie grabbed the cloth and whipped it off the cart. The top of the tray contained various sharp medical tools and knives, carefully organized and ready. There was a medicine bag and several other objects next to them.