Chapter 9

Coming to the front again, she told her friend, "In a few minutes, you won't be able to feel anything below your ribcage. Then you'll be able to stay awake to watch the harvest."

Dash started to cry again. "Pinkie," she trembled out.

"Yeah?"

"I want to go home," Dash openly sobbed.

"Yeah, I can see wanting to do that," the party pony replied, "Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say, "I'm done with this mess," and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Dash cried.

Minutes passed and the drug took affect. Dash was numb from her chest to her flanks. Aware of this, Pinkie approached with her scalpel. With only a smiling glance to Dash, she made a long cut across her pelvis, just above her crotch. Moving up her body, she drew a similar incision under her ribs. One final cut was made down her stomach, connecting the first two.

"Looks like I got my I on you, Dash."

With a moist, gooey sound, the new door flapped open. The sight of her own organs and the lack of feeling caused Dash's breathing to intensify. Pinkie sliced open the abdominal sac and grabbed the large intestines. Separating them from the rest of the digestive tract and pulling them from the forming cavity, Pinkie was getting jovial and starting making jokes. Dash, growing weaker from the new source of blood loss, trying to shut out the comedy act. Pinkie was laughing.

"Look at me, I'm Rarity!" she said, slinging the tube around her neck and spreading blood in all directions, "Isn't my new scarf soooo pretty?"

Reaching back in, she cut the smaller intestine off the bowls. Squeezing out the excess excrement, Pinkie filed it through her teeth and dragged it back and forth. "Dentists say you gotta floss every day, Dash."

Rainbow Dash was barely aware of what was going on anymore. The shock was causing her to fade. Pinkie got disappointed. Diving back into the guts, she ramped up her routine.

"Aw, don't go yet Dash." She started pulling out the rest of the organs, stopping at each one. "I know I can be a real painaceas, but you know I'm just kidney with you. You really got to learn to liver it up. Boy, these jokes are getting bladder. Guess ya gotta develop a stomach for them." She placed the discarded body parts into a bucket, keeping the last one for bit longer. "Ooo, bagpipes," she said, placing the tube into her mouth and the organ in her armpit. A spurt of acid hit her tongue. "Eww. Oh hey, there's your cupcake, Dash."

Dash didn't hear her. She had slipped from consciousness minutes ago. Pinkie, not satisfied yet, hit her with another adrenaline shot. Dash woke up for the last time, her heart jumping. Her blood flowed out faster; it wouldn't be long now.