Chapter 8

"Who are you?" I was still a little groggy just waking up and seeing three figures standing over me. "Oh! It's just you guys. What happened to me? My head hurts significantly."

"Oh that's great!" Alois beamed.

"How on earth is that great!?" I retorted.

"Not like that!" He stated smiling greatly at me.

"Do you remember anything that just happened?" Claude asked.

"Hmmm... I remember Alois and I were racing each other, but that's it. Why? And why am I soaking wet?! I'm freezing!" Sebastian gave a half smile slash smirk.

"Why my lady was running so fast that she tripped, fell into the river and hit her head," said Sebastian.

"Well that explains everything," I mumble under my breath so it was almost inaudible. "Should we head back now?" I asked Sebastian.

"I think we should since you look like a kitten who almost drowned to death." I sniggered at the comment.

"Come on you cat obsessed moron. Let's head back to the Trancy manor.

After the long, cold carriage ride from here to back to the Trancy manor, I just wanted a hot bath and to retire for the night even though it was only six and still a little light out.

"Sebastian."

"Yes?"

"Prepare a bubble bath for me and lay out my robes and night dress."

"Yes my lady."

Five minutes later and I was relaxing in a large bubble bath all to myself. After being soaked and cold almost the entire day, this was heavenly. I took my time to wash up and stayed in there for nearly an hour and a half. I have always taken long baths, but Claude and Alois didn't know that, and this one was especially long. Claude must have thought that I fainted or fell asleep in the bathtub because when I was rinsing my hair an hour after I started he walked in. I didn't really care because I knew he was a demon too and most likely he didn't care as well. Though he did kiss me? Our eyes locked for a couple of seconds until I said.

"Um... Claude. Leave." And at that he just turned away in silence and walked out the bathroom door leaving me in a bath full of bubbles.

"Well that was weird." I thought out loud. After that nice long bath it was 7:30 and I was ready for bed even though it was still so early. Sebastian came in and dressed me into my nightdress. He had a bloody nose and I wondered if he had gotten into a fight with Claude because he had walked in on me bathing. I was too tired to care so I didn't ask him, instead once my head touched my pillow I was out like a light.