Chapter 29

Ciel's POV

I sighed and plopped on the bed as I have now found my way back to my room. I wonder if what I said has worked or not. If it did, maybe he will keep me alive until Sebastian saves me. If only I still had my contract with him then I could just order him to find me. That's right... Fear swelled up inside me, he is under no obligation to be by my side or help me in any way. What if he decides that he won't come and get me then what will I do? It will be extremely hard to break out of hell. Sebastian please come and save me. Tch now I sound weak...

A knock came from my door and I went to open it.

"Who is it?" I asked not really in the mood to talk to any one especially if that someone was Lucifer.

"It's Devein... can I come in?" I opened up the door for him. "Ciel? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Fine." We made our way over to the sitting area over in the corner of my room. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"His highness would like for you to attend a ball tomorrow night."

"Oh um, ok... anything else?"

"Um no, but. Well even though you have only been here for about a day now and I don't really know you, you actually remind me of someone."

"Who?"

"Her name was Alicia and she was my little sister."

"Where is she? Is she a servant here?"

"Um no she was never a servant here."

"Was?"

"Yes, she died about a hundred years ago."

"Oh. If you don't mind me asking, but how did she die."

"Well..."

Time skip

I have spent the next whole day doing absolutely but reading, sleeping, and playing chess with myself until it was time to go to the ball. When that time did come however a knock was heard at my door.

"Come in."

"Lady Ciel, are you ready to go to the ball?" a female voice asked.

"Umm... ready?" She opened the door to reveal a messy haired girl still in her nightdress.

"I will take that as a no. Did you at least look at the dress you are going to wear?"

"Was I supposed to?" the blonde haired red-eyed girl sighed and then gave a small smile. I stared at the most extravagant ball gown I have ever see.

"Well we still have an hour so lets give you a bath first."

The first twenty minutes were wasted to just give me a bath and putting on an under dress.

"Now the corset. Can you please grip the bed railing and lean over." It didn't matter that I had to do this every day since I was eight, it still hurt like hell.

"Well since that I can no longer breathe properly I am guessing the corset is done?"

"Mhm. Now let me do you hair." I sat down while she carefully curled my hair into medium sized curls. After that she dressed me in a gorgeous strapless black ball gown with a train and tiny details on evey inch of it. and we made our way down the endless hallways to the ball until there was an opening and music could be heard.

"This is where I stop. A lower class demon such as me can't attend or make an appearance. Oh! You need this" She handed me a black-laced mask to match my dress. "It's a masquerade ball."

"Oh ok... wish me luck." I said as I put on the mask, making sure it was in place. "But wait! I don't know what to do?" I asked.

"Devein will announce your presence and then after that all depends on hi highness." I sighed not knowing what will happen. I walked to the opening at the end of the hallway. I saw nothing but a bright light and it was like time slowed. I was able to hear my heart beat in my head; it was like as if I knew that something will happen here tonight. But what? I suddenly came back to reality when I saw Devein smile at me.

"And now for me to announce, the guest of honor, Citciellia Phantomhive." The music stopped and I saw that I was on top of a grand staircase looking down at a bunch of demons. In the middle on top of the staircase was the devil himself smirking to himself, though I swear I saw a hint of blush. Just by looking down at all the other demon girls I by far had the best dress, though they were all highly classed. My heart was beating so fast in my chest I swear that the whole room could hear it, which they probably did because they are all demons.

"Ciel, welcome. Please enjoy, this is all for you anyways." Said Lucifer breaking the silence, still holding that smirk on his face.

There were about two hundred demons in there all staring at me either with hunger, lust, and I could swear that some of the girl demons had jealousy written all over their face. What do I do? Do I just stand here? Do I go down the stairs? I made my way down the stairs dignified but quickly and the music started again when I was at the bottom.

A male demon with dark navy blue hair came up to me.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not the greatest dancer."

"But you are the guest of honor and it would be a shame if you didn't dance. Plus I would be honored if you would have the first dance with me." He held out his hand to me waiting for me to take it. I sighed and decided to take it. He led me expertly around the dance floor and I was just getting comfortable with him when another hand took me. This male had dark brown hair and was smirking down at me.

"Hello Ciel Phantomhive, it is an honor to meet you."

"Excuse me, but who are you?"

"Forgive me, I am Jackson Michealis. I am related to his highness, his son actually. If I may ask you something..."

"I'm sorry, but what was your name."

"Jackson."

"No your last name."

"Michealis?"

"As is Sebastian Michealis?" his face darkened at the mention of Sebastians name."

"Tch. That would be my brother..." BROTHER! AND HE'S LUCIFER SON!

"But why does Lucifer look younger than both of you then if he's your father." He seemed surprised that I asked this question that or that instead of calling Lucifer his highness I called him Lucifer.

"Well the time in which demons age depends on their power or strength. Mine unfortunately is inferior to my brothers and definitely my fathers. My father is more powerful than any demon."

"Excuse me but I am out of breathe." I said as the song ended.

I stood on the side catching my breath. God I hate dancing.

"Jeez you look exhausted." Said a familiar voice. When I looked up to see a blonde haired blue eyed Alois.