0.1

When I was three, my brother and I ran away from home . Not really, just for a few hours. We spent the whole time laying on the grass, and that's when he made me the promise.

"Listen, kid, I'll always find you, a'right?" I nodded silently, feeling something strange on my leg. "And you gotta find your way to me. It's just us, a'right? You, Merle and Me. So we gotta find each other."

"Daryl?"

"Yeah?"

"There are red ants on me."

The rest of the night was spent in the hospital, and then we sneaked back into our rooms.

Anyway, at some point I figured it was bullshit, but surprisingly enough, Merle, Daryl and I always somehow found our way back to each other, resulting in all of us eventually just moving to the same house, away from our shit of a father.

I knew Daryl and Merle were together. They had to be. The problem was, I was away from them with no way of finding them, except for my instincts.

I trusted them enough to follow, but it didn't stop me from grumbling and cussing as I looked for my two half- brothers. 

"You stupid son ova bitch," I muttered, pushing some of my brown hair away from my face, scratching my nose in the process. "Fucking jumping out nowhere, trying to bite me! As if, motherfucker."

I kicked a stone hard, making it hit a tree before flying back towards me, making me duck. Like I didn't have enough bruises.

My fingers trailed over my eyebrows, checking for blood, but it was dry at this point. 

I sighed, starting to feel tired. All I had on me was a knife (and few packs of cigarettes, with two lighters), and I was desperate to find my brothers. I was out of town when shit hit the fan big time, and somehow, I didn't think about running back to the motel for the suitcase.

"Daryl, please be perfect big brother and have a change for me," I prayed, certain I'll find him. I had to find him. I wasn't going to survive a Zombie Apocalypse without him.

I let out a yelp as a zombie staggered out of the woods, aiming for me. In return, I aimed for his eye.

Once he fell to the floor, dead (again), I picked up my knife, spitting on him in the process. "Rest in peace, piece of shit."

I looked around, spotting some smoke from over ways. I needed to run a bit either way, and it was getting dark. 

I started jogging, within an hour finding a camp. There were kids there, I could use that fact as a guarantee for not getting shot at when I run away with the their shit.

"BACK OFF!" A voice barked, pushing a man towards me, away from a blonde woman. 

"Calm down, officer," a familiar southern voice spoke. Merle? "Just wanted to have a calm talk with sugar tits over there-"

That's my brother for sure.

"MERLE!" I cheered, getting out of the bushes. 

Merle twirled, confused, but within seconds his blue eyes were smiling, and I jumped on him, hugging tightly.

"Belle," he patted my shoulder, slightly awkward at the affection he had to show back. "I know someone that's gonna be happy yer here."

"Daryl?" I beamed, making my brother laugh as he set me down. 

"Baby brother!" he called, pulling at my hand. Daryl's face, annoyed, appeared from some way off, and I couldn't help but notice we were getting stared at.