Prologue

It was the Spring of second grade and I had just gotten my first chapter book, it was full of Fairy Tales. I was reading it in the hall when I bumped into someone. I fell to the ground and dropped my book.

"Watch were you're going punk."

I looked up to see a boy, much taller than me, stand before me. He then bent down and picked up my book. "What's this?" he asked with a smirk.

"That's mine!" I yelled with my soft childish voice.

He held it up so I couldn't reach it. I jumped and jumped, but every jump was futile.

"Ge hi hi. I like to see you get it from there-" He then threw the book into a pile of mud.

I quickly ran to get it out. "Nerd..." I heard him mutter while I ran to get the book.

With tears in my eyes, I quickly cleaned the mud off my book.

*** 7 years later

It was the graduation of the 9th grade and I, of course, brought my book with me to read. While I sat on the plastic chair, waiting for my name to be called, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned towards the tap and saw Lucy. "Hi Levy."

"Lucy!" I yelled excitedly. She then sat next to me.

"I see you brought a book, heh heh."

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Then my name was called, "Levy McGarden."

I walked onto the stage and took my certificates and my many trophies. While I was getting off the stage, the next person walked beside me and whispered, "Nerd."

My eyes widened, for I knew that voice. I quickly looked back to see who it was. But I reached the bottom of the stage and I couldn't see the top at the angel I was in.

I walked back to my seat. "What took you so long?" Lucy asked curiously.

"I-It was nothing."