Chapter Five

All the boys are outside enjoying the sun, as well as enjoying seeing their babies happy and running around. Or well one of them was running around, the other was awkwardly walking behind Louis everytime he switched activities. They started at the swing set where Louis was quick to hop on where as Zayn just sat on the grass and watched, then they moved on to the slide where Zayn actually ended up going down once or twice.

Then they were on to the sandpit and the three "adults" swear they saw Zayn smile. The young boy seemed to be enjoying his time letting the sand run through his fingers and toes, but just when he was about to start building a castle Louis ran off to the monkey bars. As Zayn saw Louis run off he began to frown slightly because he didn't want to be seen as a total baby if he stayed in the sandpit, but then again he really liked the sand. And because Liam is Liam, he noticed the boy's uncertainty.

"Zee, mind if I join you in the sandpit? I've been wanting to build a really big sand castle for awhile now," Liam asks softly as he makes his way over to the frowning boy.

"Oh, um, yeah if you want," Zayn says hesitantly but internally he's beaming because if Liam's in the sandpit too he won't be seen as a baby. Well at least in his mind he thought that. So now Liam and Zayn sit in the middle of the sandpit, allowing sand to seep through their fingers and toes all while half heartedly building a castle. This continues on for another thirty minutes until Louis is crashing into the back of Liam claiming he's hungry.

"Well it's just about lunch time, so how about I start putting the plates together while you help Zaynie wash his hands?" Liam coos to Louis who vigorously nods in return while extending his hand out for Zayn. However, the boy just looks skeptically between Louis' hand and Liam. "Go on, baby, I'll be inside in a minute," Liam coos to which Zayn nods at before slowly reaching out to grab Louis' hand. From there the two make their way into the house and over to the closest bathroom.

Liam, Niall, and Harry all make their way back into the house and over to the kitchen to start making some mac-n-cheese for the boys as well as some dinosaur nuggets. Just as Harry puts the nuggets into the oven Niall begins to speak up.

"I have bad news. Or well not bad just not necessarily something we want to hear," the blonde speaks while fidgeting with his fingers a bit. Liam and Harry nod for him to continue to which he quickly does. "Modest! called and they said they scheduled a writing session today for us with Jamie. He's coming here so we won't have to make a public appearance but-"

"But Zayn isn't gonna want him to know about his little secret even though Jamie already knows about Louis," Harry finishes for him while running a hand over his face. "Well Zayn isn't really in a headspace mentality just yet, so Jamie might just assume he's sick? We can talk to Zayn?" Harry suggest and Liam and Niall simply sigh but nonetheless nod their heads because it's their best bet. And just as they do that Louis and Zayn make their way into the kitchen, one smiling brightly while the other is simply looking around with wide scared eyes.

"Hi, boys, why don't you get yourselves situated into your chairs while we get your plates ready?" Harry says with a smile to which Louis quickly plops his bum down into his booster seat. However, as Zayn attempts to do it himself he quickly realizes it isn't that simple especially since his seat is a bit more elevated than Louis'. As the young raven haired lad makes another move to try and figure it out, his hand ends up slipping causing him to fall right back down to the floor onto his bum. Upon hearing the loud thump, Niall, Harry and Liam quickly turn to the young boy with worry in their eyes.

"Are you alright, Zaynie? Did you hit anything?" Niall asks with worry in his eyes as he crouches down to the boy's eye level only to see small tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

"I-I'm fi- fine," Zayn whimpers as he begins to stand up but Niall beats him to it and scoops the boy right up into his arms.

"It's alright, baby. What hurts, c'mon love I just want to help," Niall coos while bouncing the boy up and down on his hip. After much contemplation, Zayn finally figures he should just tell them because it actually is starting to hurt quite a bit.