RinXReader: First Impressions

You had been dating your boyfriend Rin for over a year now. You had gone on multiple dates, visited his dorm at Samezuka many times, and had formed a mutual trust between the two of you. However, you had always avoided the topic of inviting him over to visit your house. You knew Rin would never try anything with you, but that wasn't what made you so distressed.You were more petrified of Rin being judged by your overly uptight parents. Your parents had high expectations when it came to you and your love life, so you were worried they wouldn't approve of your relationship and force you to break up with him, or even worse, that Rin would break up with you because of them. You knew you couldn't avoid the topic forever, but you still tried your best to sidestep around it when it came up in conversation. However, the day finally came when you couldn't avoid it anymore.

"Oi, (y/n), mind if I stop by your place later today?" Rin inquired as he headed into the changing rooms. He had just finished practicing with the other members of his swim team for the upcoming tournament, and you had been there to support him while he swam. You had always been amazed at how alive Rin looked while he swam. The determined look in his eyes, the way his body moved powerfully, yet so gracefully through the water, the way he propelled himself forward with so much purpose. Observing all of these things made you love him even more. He always strived to become an even better swimmer than he was now, but to you, he was already perfect. Snapping back out of your thoughts, you looked up into his crimson eyes and gave him a forced smile.

"Sorry Rin, not today. I have a ton of work I need to catch up on," you replied. Rin let out a sigh of annoyance at your response.

"You always say that, are you hiding something from me?" he asked in an accusing tone. You shook your head vigorously at his question.

"N-no! I would never hide anything from you!"

"Then why is it that every time I mention visiting your house, you always have some other plans?"

"E-er...that's b-because..."you stutter and turn your head away, trying to think of something to say. He lets out another exasperated sigh and placed his hand under your chin, turning your head to face him.

"Is there some reason why you don't want me to visit?"he asks in a serious tone. You looked down at your feet, a feeling of guilt creeping its way up into your heart.

"I-Im sorry Rin, please just drop it..."you reply. He released your chin and stayed silent, making you wonder what was going through his mind. After what felt like forever, he lightly patted you on the head, making you jump slightly. You slowly turned to look at him, only to see a small smile on his lips.

"Fine, I trust you (y/n). I'm sure you'll show me when your ready."

You let out a sigh of relief and jumped up into his arms, wrapping your own around his neck. He pulled you closer into his chest, making a smile escape onto your lips.

"Thank you for understanding," you said, laying your head onto his bare shoulder. You lifted your head and gave him a small peck on the lips before pulling away. You let out a chuckle as you noticed a light blush surfacing on his cheeks.

"I've gotta go now! Ill see you tomorrow Rin!" you exclaimed as you skipped over to the door, waving to him as you left. You didn't realize, however, that Rin had another plan up his sleeve.

...............................................................

As you sat in your room, pondering over an equation on your algebra homework, you suddenly heard a knock at your door.

"Ill get it!" you yelled down the hall to your parents as you ran to the door. When you swung the door open, your heart dropped into your stomach at who you see. You quickly shut the door behind you and push your visitor a few steps farther away from the door