Chapter 34 - Gareth's Bride

Sarah's POV:

Alice and I arrived back at the palace and soon walked into Jareth's study. He was draped across a chair in deep thought.

"Jareth." I called to him. He jolted upright and looked at me before giving Alice the oddest look.

"What's up? And, why is she still here? She's supposed to be back in the Aboveground." I chuckled and led Alice over to a couch where we both sat down. Jareth draped himself back over his chair and I explained the whole situation with some help from Alice. When I was gone, he nodded understandingly.

"I see..." After standing up and pacing for a bit with a thoughtful expression, he suddenly said,

"I have the perfect man for you to marry." Alice looked at him expectantly. "You're welcome to ask for me to offer someone else but I think he's perfect for you." His eyes glittered mischievously as he said, "My twin brother."

My eyebrows shot up and Alice squeaked.

"Gareth?" I asked as if to make sure we were talking about the same person. Jareth nodded.

"Yes, Gareth. He's unmarried and obviously very fond of her." Gesturing to Alice, he continued, "It isn't good for him to stay single and she needs a husband." I glanced over at Alice and she seemed to be thinking hard.

"What is he like?" I laughed.

"A lot more of a gentleman than his brother is." I shot Jareth a pointed look. Jareth smirked at me and I choose to ignore it.

"Well, he sounds good to me." She shrugged. I laughed and said,

"Then, we shall go inform him of the arrangement. Thanks, Jareth." We all stood up and I gave Jareth a quick kiss on the cheek. He held my jaw and gave my lips a hard kiss before whispering into my ear.

"When you're done with Alice and Gareth, come to our room. We have some unfinished business..." His hand found my hip and my eyes fluttered. "Unless you have objections...?" I shook my head.

"I don't." I whispered back before calming myself and leading Alice down the hall. I heard her trying to suppress a laugh.

"What's so funny!?" I said as I looked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Your husband is something else entirely!" I copied her action and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, he is. You're lucky enough to be getting a man that is something like a gentleman." We laughed together as we arrived at Gareth's quarters. When we were done laughing, I knocked sharply on the door and the door opened to reveal Gareth dressed in nothing but a pair of tights. I raised my eyebrows and Alice made no motions of embarrassment but I swore she was checking him out. I wouldn't blame her though because, after all, he was built like Jareth. I refrained from mentioning his current clothing state but spoke of my main reason for standing at his door.

"Gareth, I wish to introduce you to your future bride." His jaw dropped and he stared at Alice.

"What...?" We both laughed before Alice said,

"Sarah said that I had to marry if I wanted to stay here and her husband gets to pick the bride. So, he choose you for me." She boldly grinned at him. Gareth looked stunned but stepped away from the door and let us in.

We walked in and he gestured for us to sit down on a couch as he sat down on his bed.

"So, let me get this straight. You, Alice, wish to stay here and Jareth has engaged us?" Alice and I both nodded. He shook his head as if to clear it.

"This is all a bit sudden." He ran a hand through his blond hair. "But, okay. I do like you, Alice. A lot in fact." She grinned.

"And, I like you too." She replied. I stood and walked to the door.

"I'll let you two get acquainted. Be good." I walked out the door and towards Jareth's and I's room to see what on earth he had planned even though I could probably guess it had something to do with the wedding night we had yet to have.

Gareth's POV:

I looked at the girl sitting on the couch and ran my hand through my hair again.

"Well, I'm still wrapping my head around this." She moved to sit down beside me and laughed.

"It's pretty sudden. It took me a moment too." We laughed together and then I asked,

"So, tell me about yourself." She smiled and I found myself becoming lost in her bright eyes and the way her face moved when she smiled. The next four hours were spend with her talking about her past and her family and everything else to do with her. Even, some of her deepest secrets. Ones she felt a husband should know about.

When it was all over, I had decided this woman was perfect for me. Perfect. We would get along beautifully. I didn't know if it was possible to fall in love with someone in a matter of a few days or hours but I think I was.

"You had a most interesting life." I said with a smile. "I think we would go well together." She shot me that smile I was growing to adore.

"You heard all about me. Now, tell me about you." I knew she was getting more comfortable because she was showing her true colors. I soon launched into my life's story. Some hours later we were both laying back on the bed, laughing as a joke I had managed to crack. As we were laughing our heads off, we found ourselves in a bit of a predicament. I was lying on top of Alice...

We both stopped laughing as we realized what had happened. It was a very awkward silence as we just looked into the other's eyes. We were both breathing hard from the laughing but our breathing was becoming even rougher from the position we were in.

Suddenly, I closed the space and kissed her on her lips. They were sweet and our lips fit together perfectly as I kissed her harder. She responded nearly immediately. We kept kissing until we had to breathe. When we parted I looked into her eyes and back at her lips. They were slightly parted and a bit wet. I couldn't help myself when I dove in for another kiss.

Her hands gripped my back as she clung to me the harder I kissed her. I knew if we kept going things would happen. They might be good... but, they might not be. It all depended on her. From what I knew of her past, she was a virgin. I wasn't. I had lost it to one of my human girlfriends.

I separated our lips and looked down at her again. I was beginning to believe I loved this dazzling woman beneath me. Our eyes were locked and I couldn't help but notice the look in her blue eyes. Mine were asking a question and, instead of answering the question, she asked,

"When are we to be married?" I shrugged.

"As soon as you want." She smirked.

"As soon as possible?" I nodded.

"Sounds perfect." Then, she decided to answer my question.

"I have one more question. Do you think you could ever love me...?" I nodded.

"I think I already might. Do you think you could?" She laughed.

"If I don't already, I know I shall soon." My eyes glowed as I stole another kiss from her lips. She didn't move away but seemed to encourage me. They were indeed, very soft and sweet. I couldn't get enough of them. My hand located her waist and I gripped it. She tangled her hands in my hair and pulled away long enough to look into my eyes.

"I..." She trailed off. I had read what I needed to know in her look. She was ready but she didn't want to do it now. She wanted to wait until our wedding night.

"It's okay." I stroked her cheek and kissed her again. "I understand." I was perfectly accepting of that. "It's nearly dawn. We shall marry today. You get some sleep." I rolled off her and pulled the blanket over her and me. I was a little tired myself as I wasn't used to staying up so late.

She snuggled against my chest and I held her close as we drifted off to sleep. It would be an eventful day later on and we needed our sleep.