Chapter 1 The Beginning

Dear Rosebud,

      I know. I know. You don’t like it but it suits you.  You’re beautiful and sweet but prickly too. You can take care of yourself. I don’t know why you let those creeps in your pack treat you like that. You don’t want to talk about your pack I get that, I really do but you can’t stay there either. You deserve better than that. You know you do! I think you should come stay with me. I’ve already talked it over with my pack and they agree. Don’t refuse right away. Because if I know you and I do, you won’t even give it a second thought. Just think about it first please?? I PROMISE we’ll treat you better, like you deserve to be treated. The information is attached to this e-mail in case you change your mind. PLEASE at least consider it?? I don’t want to lose my best friend.

With lots of love you’re pen pal and best friend,

Mason.

I sat there staring at the screen for I don’t know how long before logging out and shutting off my laptop.

Casey? You awake?

 Since the time I was very young I could always talk to Casey telepathically. We talk every day. He knows everything about me and what I go through on a daily basis and vice versa. Neither of us lives an ideal life. It helps to have someone that understands and is going through the same thing.

Ya.  What’s up? He replies and I know he’s been awake for a while by the sound of his voice.

Mason. He wants me to leave and go live with him.

Is that a bad thing? He wants to help you. 

I know but I can’t just leave. 

Why not?

You know why. I have to take care of Alpha Mark. And if I leave…

Ya I know. But you can’t stay there. Tell Alpha Mark the truth. You need to get the hell away from that pack it isn’t safe for you there. 

This is an ongoing argument between us. He wants me to leave but I know I can’t. At least not yet. And he can’t leave because he is always being watched. On the off chance he can get away though I set up a beacon that would bring him here even if something were to happen to me. He doesn’t know about it.

I don’t care. Mom is here and so are the twins and Alpha Mark. I won’t leave them.

You can’t save them if you’re dead! He says getting angry.

 I know that! I reply, exasperated.

“Cassandra! Get your lazy ass up now or I’ll leave without you!” My brother, Jack, yells through the door. I groaned getting up and hiding my laptop.

“I’m coming!” I yell back. No one knows I have a laptop, I’m not supposed to have it but my sister Jackie got tired of me using hers so she got me my own and told me to hide it.

“Don’t talk to me like that you bitch! I’m your future Beta!” Jack yells back and pounds on my door before walking away.

Jack?

Yup.

He shouldn’t treat you like that. He’s your brother he’s supposed to protect you not torment you himself!! He says getting angrier.

He doesn’t mean it.

Of course he does just look…

Please Case just drop it ok? I have to get ready for school. I say placatingly.