Prologue

Prologue

Silence.

A silence so deep it’s deafening.

So thick it presses down on you, smothers you. Chokes you.

A silence so deep and so thick and so LOUD.

The kind of silence that has a sound.

That screams at you and emphasizes the fact that you are alone. That you were always alone and always will be alone.

That builds you up and knocks you down.

It gets inside when you’re at your weakest, your most vulnerable and messes with your head.

Whispers your worst fears and makes them reality.

Tells you that you’re weak and useless and the lowest form of scum.

Makes you feel worthless and small and so damn pathetic!

Once it gets inside you it won’t stop until it accomplishes what it came for.

Until it breaks you. Tears you apart limb from limb, piece by piece and leaves you so shattered that nothing and no one can fix you. Can get through to you.

You are nothing. You are nobody.

You are ruined.

You are all your worst nightmares compressed into one being.

You are the Silence.

And then you hear a voice. You feel a presence and you realize you are not alone.

That there is someone out there that is the same ass you and that feels the same as you and you befriend it, that voice, that presence and it befriends you and gradually you pull each other out of that dark abyss the Silence pushed you into.

You know everything there is to know about each other and come to rely on one another even though you’ve never met.

You start to feel, to care. You slowly start to live again.

I was the Silence.

I overcame it and I will never let anything or anybody break me again.

************************************************************************************

I know I said I’d update two weeks ago but I lost the prologue and first chapter because my brother’s laptop decided to be stupid so I couldn’t. The first chapter is finished and edited and I’m working on the second chapter right now so it should hopefully be up sometime next week.

Thank you to everybody for being patient. And thank you to those fans that helped me pick out a title. I still need a cover so if anyone is interested PM me and if I choose your design I’ll dedicate the first chapter after you