The big picture..and wall of text.

So maybe you are wondering why Line corporation implemented the cash currency and make the gatchas so expensive, plus buying in-game gems when you could buy them.
Well, there's a reason for it, and it's pretty simple. As an avid iphone gamer, I have seen many games like line play shut down because of one reason: they don't have enough money to support the app. One example was Kawaii pet megu. I spent my entire 7th grade year taking care of a little pet, whom I named 'Hibby', on a screen, only for it to be taken away forever when the app shut down. I became severely depressed and even made a little grave in my garden for my pet Hibby. Even worse, it was on thanksgiving break. Over 1,000,000 players in japan and america lost their megus to bankruptcy.
Now, try to imagine if this happened to Line Play. Certainly Line play is a lot more successful than Kawaii Pet Megu, and Line play becoming bankrupt is highly unlikely. But as of now line play has over 4,000,000 players-imagine if those people lost their accounts. I don't like seeing people being horribly sad when their life is taken away from them (most people in the Line play community are extremely addicted to this-so am I), and there's a lot of users on Line play that used to play kawaii pet megu- and I think no one wants to relive and app getting shut down twice. So line play wants to make money-that's it. It's not a bad thing at all, in fact, it's apart of game economics. Without the money, Line play would've seen it's fate coming long ago.