Chapter One

A/N: Here I am with another chapter of Rebirth of a God!

This chapter covers the last of the one month break and the introduction to the Chunin Exam Finals

Before you ask, Naruto won't hide much of his strength, but he will hide who he truly is for a while. The reason for that will be explained in the chapter.

Also, by keeping a bit of his strength hidden...I mean he won't use many of his sub-elements. I will allow him to use Wood Style, but that's it. Since he is using the identity of Naruto Uzumaki (with a changed last name) he can pass it off as being a distant relative of the Senju via the Uzumaki Clan. He can't exactly explain the other elements. Don't worry, he has plenty of power with the Rinne Sharingan, the Tenseigan, Wood Style, his devastating elemental jutsu, and his Fūinjutsu.

I hope you all will understand why I'm having Naruto hide some of his abilities and his identity. Believe me, I usually hate it when Naruto masks his true potential in stories but it is unavoidable here. (Don't worry, I do have an excuse planned for Naruto and Kaguya's marriage)

Also, Naruto may only use the Rinne Tensei twice with the second use having the same side effects as the Shiki Fūjin, but that doesn't mean Naruto will use it the second time. He might use it and he might not. There might even be a way to survive it...you will just have to see.

I also changed my mind about that sad moment I said that I would include in the beginning of Part II. This story will not have a drama/extremely serious feel, and the moment I planned won't fit within the general mood of the story, as it would probably send some people into depression. Perhaps I may include it within an appropriate story in the future.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

[Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto]

Chapter one: The Winds of Change

[Land of Fire/Canyon outside of Konoha]

A sharp intake of breath filled his lungs. His amethyst eyes darted back and forth around the dark area, and noted that it was less than five minutes since his descendant's death. "Time to make sure everything works..." The man muttered.

Ten fingers tapped on the dirt.

"Check."

Toes wiggled inside his ruined blue sandals.

"Check."

A pair of arms swiftly slid along the stone floor, across the puddle of blood resting underneath his body.

"Check."

He used his upper body strength to roll around on the floor, confirming that he wasn't paralyzed there.

"Check."

He stood up and started to walk around, then jogged, and finally broke into a sprint before stopping with a smile.

"Everything checks out."

Naruto Ōtsutsuki looked down at his body and grinned at seeing his 18 year old body in the flesh, but his grin fell into a thin line upon noticing that he only wore a pair of bloodied and torn orange pants that barely covered the pelvis of his six feet, one inch tall frame and shredded blue sandals that his toes poked out of. "This won't do." He stated and held up his hands, causing a red and a blue flame to appear in each palm.

"Yin-Yang Style: Banbutsu Sōzō." Naruto suddenly found himself clad in his usual garb during his original lifetime. A white kimono that fell to his ankles with a split starting from the bottom of his waist, revealing a bait of black cargo pants tucked into black boots. The kimono had an open high collar with six black magatama stitchings on the neckline and on the top of the collar. On the back of the kimono, he had a red Rinne Sharingan stitching with nine black magatama underneath it in rows of three. He also found that he couldn't wear the Konoha headband around his head, as they agitated his horns, and decided to change the cloth to a black color and wore it around his neck.