Chapter 1- The Start Of Something Big

Let's see how this goes...new chapter....SOON (BTW, THE CAT UP THERE IS WHAT ROSE's CAT LOOKS LIKE. IT WOULDN'T LET ME PUT PICTURES)
~~

Hello there. My name is Rose Hoying. And this is my story.

(I suck at beginning these books)
----
Me and Scott, my brother, never got along very great. I mean, yea, we loved each other and stuff, but meh. When we were about 8, we were in a Charlie and the chocolate factory play. Both me and Scott had taken an interest in theatre.

There, we met Mitch Grassi (there was also a girl called Kirstin, but that's for later). Now the three of us never were actually close, but we acknowledged, and admired, each of the others talents.

It wasn't until around the middle of middle school when I got closer to Mitch and Scott. The reason for, being that Mitch was starting to get bullied for having a higher pitched voice. Me and Scott both decided to be his "guardians" per say.

The first year of high school is when I died my once blonde hair blue. Strange, I know, but I just wanted to express myself. I never liked my blonde hair. But then I started getting bullied myself. That's when I started to get to know a girl called Kirstin Maldonado, who had stood up for me once.

I introduced her to Scott and Mitch and we just kinda...stuck. Another good thing was that we were all choir nerds, too. More towards the end of high school is when we decided to enter a contest for a Capella. We arranged a cover of Telephone and entered.

But, of course we didn't win. However, we did get to sing it for our school concert, getting more popular around school. The bullying we were getting soon (SOON) came to a stop.

When we graduated from high school we all split up. Me and Scott moved but never strayed too far from each other, a few cities or towns over at most. Kirstie and Mitch, however, moved father. But we all still kept in (very limited) touch.

That is however, until Scott called us all to ask if we wanted to try out for this A Capella show called "The Sing Off" I think I was the most cautious and hesitant out of all four of us.

After some convincing, we all agreed. While explaining the idea to Scott's friend, Ben, he told us that we would need a bass and a beatboxer. Ben quickly found a Bass through a mutual friend that we had.

Scott then found a guy on YouTube named Kevin who could cello and beatbox at the same time.

The Sunday coming up (a day before auditions. We had been arranging songs through Skype) we would go to meet them. I was real nervous.

---

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a simple American flag tank, some denim shorts, a backwards, black baseball cap, and flip flops. My blue hair was very vibrant (though still a light blue) considering I redid it yesterday. I grabbed my phone and dashed downstairs as I heard a car horn.

I mentally checked everything in my head, including if I remembered to feed my cat, potato. Yes, I named my cat potato. (Cat up top)

Outside was Scott, Mitch, and Kirstin. "GET IN LOSER WE'RE GOING SHOPPING" Mitch yelled at me. I smiled, I was glad we were still like old times.

See, mitch and I dated near the very end of high school before he came out as gay to me. It was kinda awkward and we never really talked again, except for the brief "meetings" for this sing off thing.

I opened the door and hopped into the backseat. "I like your outfit!" Kirstie gushed to me. Same old girly Kirstie.

"Thanks!" I replied. "I see you still have to wear heels." I laughed. Kirstie was SUPER short. She just smacked me in the arm, glaring at the laughing boys in the front seat.

I sighed and leaned back in the seat. "Going to Starbucks right?" I asked

"Yea" Scott answered. I nodded and planned out what I wanted in my head.
---
When we got to Starbucks Scott explained that we had to wait a little since we were kinda early. So we got our coffee, sat down, and waited.

Kevin was the first to show and he quickly spotted us and waved, making his way over to the table.

"Hey! It's Kevin!" He exclaimed, giving us each hugs. Let me just say, his hugs were amazing.

"Hey! Avi's not here yet so you can order something while we wait" he nodded, going over to the counter.

When Avi finally arrived, we started working out the kinks of the songs we were arranging for the auditions. We then agreed to go over to Scott's house to actually start singing it.

Off to Scott's we go