Staring--Ron Weasley x Reader

A/N: Wooo I finally got to Ron! Hope you enjoy. Oh, and these A/Ns will stop once I get more comfortable with my writing. But for now I feel as if I have to personally thank all of you for reading my stories. I should also let you know that it is two in the morning as I am typing this, so if it's worse, you know why. As usual, I do not own any characters, but you own yourself. Also (Y/L/N) is your last name, and (Y/B/N) is your brother's name. Thanks.

~~~~

It was my 4th year at Hogwarts. I was in potions class, zoning out, and staring at my crush, Ronald Weasley. I know I shouldn't like Ron. I was a (Y/L/N) for Christ's sake. He came from a family of 'blood traitors,' Draco told me. I didn't care much about blood purity, but my family sure did.

Four years earlier, I remember seeing Ron for the first time on Platform 9 ¾. He was with his huge family, and I instantly knew they were Weasleys. My older brother somehow decided that I didn't know that, and told me who they were anyways. "Those are the Weasleys, the filthy blood traitors," he had told me. I tried to block out negative thoughts like that, so I ignored him.

Once on the train, I was looking for an empty car and/or my best friend. I could not find either at first, but what I did find was Ron sitting in a car with none other than the one and only Harry Potter. I decided to leave them be and continue on my search, when I was pulled into a car by my aforementioned best friend, Draco Malfoy. I had grown up with the Malfoys, and knew Draco well.

Once we arrived at Hogwarts, and we started getting sorted, Draco was sorted into Slytherin before the hat even touched his head. When I got called up, the hat was placed on my head. "Hmm this should be easy. You have many traits of a Slytherin, just like your parents, and brother," the hat pointed out. I wasn't really listening though. I was scanning the crowd for familiar faces, and when my eyes laid on Ron, a blush instantly crept on my face. "Oh! But you have eyes for a Weasley?" it asked, emphasizing Weasley almost as if it were a bad thing. "Though I would like to put you with Ronald, you are far to cunning to for me to not place you here." Knowing what that meant, I sighed internally. "SLYTHERIN!" It yelled.

The whole table clapped, as I joined Draco, who was talking with my brother, but as I walked over, I couldn't help but notice a look of disappointment on Ron's face.

Four years and a few months after that day, I have talked to him once, and thought about him a million times. I told Draco about this crush, and he wouldn't stop bugging me, but he never told my brother, or anyone else for that matter. Thank the lord for him being a good friend.

Now, sitting in potions, Harry noticed my staring, and quietly pointed it out to Ron. When he turned around to see if Harry was right, I snapped (or should I say SNAPEd... haha, no. okay, I'll let myself out.) my head back to the front of the room, looking straight at the board Snape was writing on.

Once class was let out, I felt like someone was following me, but when I turned around to see Ron, I swear, I nearly shit myself.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Hey Ron."

"I was just wondering why you were staring at me in class." Was he really that oblivious?

"I was staring?" I questioned, trying to sound confused.

"Uh, yeah, I thought I had something in my hair or something." That got me. I laughed. But that wasn't a laugh. Did I just giggle? Oh God, I just giggled. In front of Ronald Weasley. He just saw the baddest bitch in Slytherin (Or at least I like to think of myself like that) giggle. That caused both of us to blush. Me from embarrassment, and I'm assuming him from embarrassment, because I practically just laughed at him.

I noticed Draco walking up to me, behind Ron. I looked at him and gave him a look, that in my mind was telling him to stop where he was. Thank goodness our minds were so similar, because he did.

Ron didn't notice my weird expression because he was staring at his feet. I just looked at him and said, "Ronald Weasley, you are so God damn oblivious." And then I walked right past him, and right past Draco.

"Can't you see she likes you?" I heard Draco say, before turning around, and catching up with me.

~~~~ Two Days Later ~~~~

"I, uh, was wondering if-" Blaise started, getting cut off by a particular redhead calling my name.

"(Y/N)!" he yelled, running in my direction.

"Ron?" I replied, as he tried to catch his breath, "Are you okay?" He nodded.

"But, anyways," Blaise tried to continue, but he shut up when he noticed what Ron was holding.

"Will you go to the ball with me, (Y/N)?" Ron asked, holding the flowers out to me.

"I thought you'd never ask," I lied, pulling him into a hug.

~~~~ EXTENDED ENDING ~~~~

I felt everyone's eyes on us. 'It's now or never,' I thought. I pulled Ron into a kiss. I heard two voices from behind me, "It's about time, innit?" I pulled away from Ron, looking to see who the second person was, knowing full well that one was Draco. When I turned around, I saw Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy looking at each other incredulously. I laughed and went back to Ron, pulling him in for yet another kiss.

~~~~
A/N: Thanks for reading. This was one of my favorites to write, so I really hope you enjoyed. I say this after every story, but I am always accepting if criticism and advice. If you have a request you can message it to me or comment. Thanks again.

Much Love

-Katelyn