Just Give Me A Reason (Larry Stylinson AU)

A/N: Once again, big thanks to Benjovial97, he really helped me to come up with a lot of ideas for this first chapter and for the overall story in general! Anyways, I hope you all like it! Please comment and give me and suggestions or anything that you all have!!

Also, this story is loosely based off of the song "Just Give Me A Reason" by P!nk, featuring Nate Ruess from Fun. The video is on the sidebar!

I've decided this is the prolouge rather than Chapter 1 after all :P

:D -Matt

Harry glanced down at his watch. 4:52A.M. He had made sure to come home early enough that there would be plenty of time to sneak inside and climb into his bed while Louis was still sleeping. Now that Louis' father had forbidden the two of them from dating, and was forcing Louis to move out of the flat immediately, Harry had been feeling very down. To try to understand what to do, Harry had turned to one of his best friends whom he had also met while attending University College London, Niall Horan, the son of current Irish President Bobby Horan.

Harry and Louis had both become good friends with Niall, and judging by the way Niall spoke about girls, both boys had assumed he was straight. After Harry had learned that Louis was being forced to stop dating him, and was going to move out, he had turned to Niall for advice. He'd never expected what he'd learned shortly after that: Niall had admitted that he was actually bisexual. As Harry continued to rely on Niall over the days following the news that Louis was going to move out, the two had grown closer and closer. Earlier on this night, things had progressed very rapidly, and the had ended up falling asleep together in Niall's bed.

Harry of course could not let Louis know any of this. Harry still loved Louis, and he knew Louis still loved him too. He was just...confused and upset. Niall was so sweet to Harry, and how could Harry possibly resist Niall with his cute blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes?

He stood in the front doorway of his flat contemplating what to do and what to think. After several moments, he concluded that he shouldn't say anything to Louis about him and Niall, it would only cause him more pain and suffering than he was already experiencing. Harry decided he would just go to bed, and if Louis asked why he wasn't home by the time he went to bed, Harry would just make up some excuse to satisfy Louis. As Harry walked across the living room towards the hallway, a voice suddenly spoke from the darkness near the couch.

“Hey Hazza, where've you been? I waited up for you to come. I wanted to make the most of the last few days that I have before I've got to move out,” Louis voice rang out across the room.

“Oh, hey Lou....I was just...out,” Harry replied uncertainly.

“Out? Where at?” Louis persisted.

“Look Lou, it's really not that important. I was just upset that you have to move out and that we aren't going to get to be together anymore. Really Louis, I mean, we both should've known right from the start that this probably wasn't going to last anyways. I just really want to go to bed right now, can we please not talk about this anymore right now? It's 5:00am and I'm exhausted.”

“Ok....g'night then Harry.” As Harry walked off to bed, Louis remained standing in the living room, confused about what had just happened. Harry had always been so happy around him, and even when he learned that Louis was going to move out, he still kept a positive outlook on their future and always acted like everything was going to be fine. Louis couldn't understand what was going on, and why Harry was suddenly so distant. With these sad and confused thoughts, Louis went to his room and laid down, hoping to be able to fall asleep.

~The next afternoon~

When Louis awoke well after noon, he stretched and smiled, happy that he at least still had another two days before he had to leave Harry, and that today, the two of them could cherish the time they had left. Within a matter of seconds though, that smile slid off his face as he remembered the short conversation the two of them had. Louis still was unsure why Harry was acting so strangely, and decided to go speak to him. After all, they had very little time left together, Louis' father had made that extremely clear.