Chapter 2: Talk

A/N: I am so sorry that I took such a long time to upload this chapter. I've had the majority of it written for weeks but I am a bit ADD so it's hard for me to focus and actually get it done, but here it finally is!

Also, you should all certainly listen to the song in the banner, it's "Talk" by Coldplay, and it definitely has a lot of meaning, specifically for the second half of this chapter!

This chapter is donated to @TurtlesInABox because he's absolutely amazing in every single way! xxx

Anyways, here it is, I hope you enjoy!!!

As Zayn rode the Underground back to the flat that he would now be living in, he contemplated all of the events that had happened during his first day at University College. Niall and Louis both seemed like genuinely nice boys and it was somewhat upsetting that he would be the one responsible for their kidnapping, but he reminded himself that if things went as planned, he would be paid quite a healthy sum of the ransom money that was going to be asked for the return of the two boys.

At this point, Zayn exited the train and headed out of the station, where there was about a 2 block walk to his new flat. He'd grown accustomed to living in relative luxury the past several months, after all, David Harbourne was supposedly a wealthy boy as well, so his living quarters had to show it as well. Considering that he'd grown up on the streets for much of his life, Zayn didn't need much in order to get by, just a simple shelter to sleep and some food, but this flat was much more than that. He had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large living area, full kitchen, huge television, indoor Jacuzzi and more, not that he was complaining.

As he walked in the front door, he noticed he had a voicemail on his cellphone that he hadn't noticed earlier. He knew as soon as he saw it that it would almost certainly be from the network, especially since it wasn't from Louis or Niall, whose numbers he had programmed into his phone during class. They probably wanted him to check in with them on how his first day went, and as soon as he listened, this thought was confirmed.

"David, please call us back at this number as soon as you possibly can. You will be prompted for your pin code upon dialing us. Your friends, London East Bank and Trust."

London East Bank and Trust of course didn't really exist, but if anyone else had heard the message, they would simply assume that his bank was calling about some private matter. Zayn quickly dialed the number, not wanting to upset his superiors. Upon being prompted by a computer recording, Zayn typed in his pin code 2612514. To most people, this number would seem random, but in reality, each number corresponded to each letter in Zayn's name. Z was the 26th letter, A the first, Y the 25th, and N the 14th. Quite simple for Zayn to remember, and hard for anyone else to guess.

"Ahhh Mr. Harbourne, you are alone, yes?" a voice on the other side of the line questioned.

"Yes sir, just walked in the door to my flat," Zayn replied.

"Excellent.  I  will transfer your call right away then."

As Zayn waited on the line while the call transfer was taking place, he wondered what sort of questions he would be asked, and what instructions he would be given.

"Zayn, thank you for calling back so quickly," said a voice that Zayn knew belonged to Mr. Valentine, the man in charge of this entire mission. "How was your first day of school? Make any friends?"

"Yes sir, I met Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan both today. They both seem to like "David" well enough. They both agreed we should all hang out some time and I got their numbers too."

"Excellent Zayn. Remember, try not to get too attached to these boys. Attachment is never a good thing in this business, and we've worked far too long with your training and all of the time and money we've invested in this project for it to be ruined by petty attachment."