Chapter 8...

When I hear footsteps and chattering coming down the hall I quickly flip to my left side, the one that isn't hurt. I'm turned away from the door, now staring at the wall. One of the voice's his my father and then the other is Thorin but the third is different. I assume the third voice is the physician. They come in the room and I hear the door shut.

"Edlyn?" I sit up once I hear my father's voice.

"Dad." I smile then I look at Thorin and scowl.

"Ed this is Mr. Bernly, he's here to examine your side and see if anything is wrong." My dad says and Mr. Bernly steps forward. He is much smaller then Thorin and much older as well. He gives me a large smile then bows.

"Sorry it took so long My Lady, you must be uncomfortable."

"It's not that ba-" He pushes on my side. "Ow!"

"Not that bad, huh?" Thorin smirks. It pleasure's him to crawl under my skin, I hate it. I just grunt and the small dwarf continues his examination. He presses on the tender area again and I wince in pain it hurts so bad.

"Oh yes, I do believe you have a broken rib My Lady."

"How serious?" Thorin asks.

"Not serious enough it couldn't hurt anything else, but she needs to be careful. There is nothing I can really do, I'm sorry." The small dwarf folds his hands.

"I sincerely apologize Edward." Thorin says to my father. My father smiles.

"It's alright, thank you both for being so good to my girl when she needed it most." He replies back. I put my hand on my side with throbs a little.

"Thank you." I say.

"You are more than welcome to join us for dinner when it is ready, I'll have my younger sister escort you to the dining hall." That's when Thorin leaves heading down the hallway. Mr. Bernly pats my other hand that is laying in my lap and smiles he then leaves too. My dad turns his attention to me.

"For dwarves they're being extremely nice." He says with a smile.

"Yeah." My stomach growls and I realize I haven't eaten anything all day. The I hear a scream and roll my eyes because I know it's Milly. My dad sighs.

"I see you at dinner Love." He kisses my head and leaves. Milly and Ardy come through the door.

"You scared me Ed! You really scared me! Are you okay?" She asks.

"Just a few broken ribs."

"Mill told me about what happened...I'm sorry Edlyn that must be painful." Ardy looks at me. My eyes drop to their interlocked hands, then back up to their faces.

"To breath hurts the most." I drop my head.

"Oh Eddy!" Milly throws her arms around my head and squeezes it to her bosom.

"Mill you're smothering me." I mumble and she quickly backs up.

"We're just glad you're okay Ed," Ardy smiles. "Will leave you to rest." Milly kisses my head as well then walks off with Ardy, their hands still interlocked. I never really thought the two of them would wind up together like that, it's kind of nice to see them mad for each other. Thinking about it and everything that has happened, I lay back resting some more until Thorin's sister comes to get me.