ch. 5

From: Cam

Hey sweet cheeks, you looked fine today. You should come to my show at uptowner tonight ;)

Cam had had his eye on me for months, even before I had started working at Outback. He was a whopping five years older than me, but didn't look it in the slightest. He looked like he was 25 going on 20; in other words, he was pretty good looking. He was one of our hot prep guys, although he did other things in the kitchen, too. He was also a fry guy, just like Will.

Cam was an aspiring musician who sang and played the guitar. Needless to say, he was amazing at it. He had a girlfriend, but all they seemed to do is fight over stupid stuff. They often slept with other people, and they didn't really seem to care much about it. Cam sometimes preys on the young ones he can lour to his shows to try and wow them with lovey indie music and his fingers.

To be honest, I had been thinking a lot lately about taking up one of his offers and actually going to a show. It's not that I had no interest in Will; it was just the fact that he was taking things a million miles an hour and I am deathly afraid of commitment now.

What could one night out with Cameron Hasting hurt? It's not like you're dating the guy.

I changed out of my work clothes and put on something a little bit more suitable for the occasion. I put on some darker denim shorts with a brown belt and a white crocheted tank top that showed only a little bit of my stomach. I also decided to wear my gladiator sandals, since heels seemed a little bit too dramatic just to go out for a few hours.

When I got to Uptowner, I saw that a good amount of people were already starting to leave. My smile fell immediately, not seeing Cam anywhere in sight.

To: Cam

Where are you?

My phone buzzed angrily seconds later. I was delighted to see how fast he actually replied.

From: Cam

Party at Nyx's! Come out, it'll be fun. I promise

I swallowed hard at the mention of Nyx. Nyx was one of Will's best friends. There was no doubt in my mind that Will would be there. I threw my head back in frustration, before returning to my car and pudding down the road towards Nyx's house. When I got there, I was surprised at how many cars there were, lined down the street.

"You came!" Cam said as I entered the backyard. He hugged me and my face burned with blush. When he finally let go of me, I saw Will's angry gaze burn into me. He shook his head before turning around and ignoring me completely.

"Hi Cam." I say, slamming down my drink. I was ready to get wasted, even if it meant I was probably going to make several poor choices that night.