Countdown

"Levy! Look, my timer is down to only one more day! I'm going to find out who my soulmate is in only a day!" I squealed with my blue haired best friend.

"Oh my gosh, Lucy I am so excited! I bet you're hoping its Na-" I clap my hand over my mouth. I cough awkwardly and shake my head quickly.

"He's my best friend! I couldn't..." I give her a small smile and drop my hand.

"Lu-chan, your actions say otherwise." I meet her steady gaze with slight surprise. What in Mavis's name could she mean? My questioning look made her release a small laugh. "I have to go home now, but text me tomorrow after your...encounter." Her eyebrows wiggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Levy, I'll talk to you tomorrow," I wave to her as she hurries out. I had seen her own numbers as she left, they where splayed across her left shoulder blade and her time wasn't much longer than mine. A small grin tugged at the edges of my lips as I gathered my things; stuffing them in my bag so I could head home as well. I walked slowly on my way, thinking about who I wanted my soulmate to be. Levy had hit that nail on the head, but I hadn't seen Natsu's timer so I couldn't know...

Mine had appeared a month ago, making itself known on my right hand. I stared at the numbers as they ticked downward, my stomach turning. What if it wasn't Natsu? Well, I shouldn't worry about that. Whoever it will be...they will make me happy. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out. A message from Natsu lit up my screen.

Messages   4:30 PM
Natsu (⌒▽⌒)
Levy told me your timer is almost out.

I stare at the message, unsure how to respond for a moment. Then I gingerly slid my finger across the screen and selected the reply tab. I quickly typed my response--nothing but an affirmation of the afore mentioned timer--before locking my phone and shoving it back into my pocket. I continued my walk but I was faster this time. I wanted to be home safely just in case the waterworks decided to make an appearance. I felt my phone buzz again and I whipped my phone from my pocket yet again. I read the screen quickly.

Messages   4:34 PM
Natsu (⌒▽⌒)
Aren't you going to be modeling again?

I bit my lip, realizing what he was saying. I would be busy in front of a camera...all day... I ran my hands through my hair and sighed, reassuring myself I would find them, there was no way I wouldn't. I responded carefully this time: Yeah, I'll be heading into the city to work. I frowned slightly, knowing Natsu didn't love the fact that I traveled in the city alone. But it was something I couldn't avoid, it was where my modeling company was based and their studios aren't exactly mobile.

It wasn't that long of a wait before my pocket buzzed again. I was home, so I unlocked my door and flicked on the lights. I set my bag by the door and pulled my hair from its ponytail as I slammed the door closed with my hip. I grabbed my homework and sat down at the counter to begin completing it. After a few hours, right as I was deciding to eat I dozed off, my exhaustion evident. What later jolted me awake was my phone buzzing beside me on the counter. I flashed a look at the time and realized it was almost eight. I quickly looked at my phone's screen.

Messages   4:40 PM
Natsu (⌒▽⌒)
Don't work too late

Messages   7:56 PM
Juvia (^_-)
Lucy-san! Gray-sama's timer matches mine! .

I laugh softly at Juvia's message. She had been anxious to know what Gray's timer was ever since hers had made an appearance a few days ago. I didn't ask how she found out though, I would leave that piece of information unknown. I smiled at Natsu's text before I got up and grabbed some food. I finished working as I ate, growing more and more clumsy. Finally I gave up and got up one more time, placed my dishes in the sink and neatly put away my homework before shuffling to my room. Once there I changed into a tank top and pajama pants before collapsing on my bed, not even bothering to cover up before completely passing out.