The Accidental Kiss

『Natsu』

I faced the tracks, quiet and lost in thought. I watched the wind push around leaves as the same cool air tussled my hair. I sigh, creating a small white cloud that quickly vanished. Really, I was already impatient enough as it was, now I was waiting for this damn train to pick me up so I could go into the city. I close my eyes and a chill runs up my spine so I dig my fists deeper into the pockets of my jacket, pulling it tighter around me. "Tch," I grumble, "Annoying.." This season—more rather this year—hadn't been the best.

"Wait!" A shrill voice penetrates the noise of the station, making my eyes reopen and search the crowd instinctively. It was quite clearly a girl, and she seemed pretty distressed. I shake my head, she was probably chasing someone or a different train. I had seen stuff like that happen before. I normally just stood to the side and watched it unfold, and sometimes it was definitely worth the watch. I see a familiar jacket pass by, the same school one as mine. It looked like it could be Loke, or was it Sting? Ah, not like I cared.

"I said wait damn it!" The girl's voice was louder, and I could practically hear the distress about her. The crowd parted slightly and I saw a blonde haired girl who was staring at the ground—most likely to hide her red and puffy eyes or something—hurrying past people. She stopped near me and without a second of hesitation she reached up, eyes still downcast, and pulled my collar down before slamming her lips on mine.

What the hell?!

✧ ♥︎ ✧

"So you thought I was your boyfriend and..."

"That's why I k-kissed...you. Yeah," Lucy Heartfilia, the blonde that kissed me in the train station, was now squirming uncomfortably beside me on my morning train.

"You looked a lot like him from my admittedly bad point of view, a-and I didn't mean to kiss you I swear...!" Her face was red, and she looked cute in her flustered state.

"Who is your boyfriend then?" I wanted to see if it was one of the underclassmen I knew from highschool, I was wearing my old basketball jacket from Fairy Tail Academy, that's how this whole incident happened.

"Who was my boyfriend... It was Loke, I'm pretty sure you would have known him even though he was only a Junior Varsity player. You graduated last year, right?" She looked at me without seeming as uncomfortable as before. I nod in response.

"Yeah, but I do know who you're talking about. Great athlete, major player though, we used to hang out together during practice sometimes. He was pretty good at all his sports. His academics however.." I chuckle, thinking about how pissed he was when he was told he would have to make up his senior year. To my surprise Lucy joined me in laughter.

"That's how I was able to really get to know him. I don't know if you remember... But I'm a senior this year and I tutored him a lot," a shy smile had wormed it's way onto her face.

"That probably left him less time to practice and trump my school record then," I smirk and she eyes me carefully.

"He complained about that a lot, Natsu," She sighs. I roll my eyes and she laughs softly.

"Sorry, I probably made him a major pain in your ass because of that," I apologize. She waves her hand dismissively.

"It wasn't a big deal. Enough on him though, how have you been? There hasn't been much word on you since you left and... I've been curious," She blushes again and I pretend not to notice.