New Path

• Dedicated to Kiera Hodge

Written 2/3/2013

New Path Based on the summer between their 6th and 7th years.

Anertha had been helping Molly prepare dinner for the children and the order. Molly had felt she was becoming more like family now. She was soon sent upstairs however, out of the way when the meeting had started. Although she was of age, Molly refused to let her hear what was being said, not because she shouldn't know but because she didn't trust the twins. She knew Fred was likely to charm it out of Anertha somehow. She had clocked on to how 'close' they were becoming and therefore kept Anertha in the dark to stop the twins finding out. The atmosphere throughout the evening after Harry arrived was dark, all talk about you-know-who. Molly was getting more and more red-faced as the evening went on. Anertha was all too happy to collapse into bed that night. As she lay there she began to feel quite lonely, she had been sharing a room with Tonks, but Tonks was either on the night shift or came to bed long after Anertha was asleep. Mrs Weasley would often stick her head through the door three or four times a night on nights when Tonks wasn't there. It got quite bothersome after a while, but she would rather be here under Molly's constant eye, than at home with her parents, who were still grieving heavily over the loss of Cedric. At this thought she began to think of him again. How she wished they had spent more time together, they were in separate houses so she barely saw him during the school week. She envied the twins slightly in that they were together always, same house, same gender, they bonded easily. Her and Cedric were close, of course they were, but they were different and kept apart...She longed for weekends and holidays when she could see him all she wanted. She was snapped out of her thinking by a loud 'crack'. She didn't need to look to know who it was. 'Fred you shouldn't be in here, what if your mother catches you?' Fred snorted 'like she doesn't know i come in anyway, besides you're worth the risk.' She knew he was smiling, she couldn't see, it was dark, but she knew him well enough to guess. Fred flicked his wand and lit the candle by her bed. 'That's better' he said looking down at her, his smiled faded when he noticed her cheeks glistening from a stream of tears. He was immediately beside her, holding her close. No words were needed he knew those tears were for Cedric. He just laid there, comforting her until she fell asleep in his arms. He reached over and blew out the candle. He would stay all night if she needed him.