Mrs Diggory and Mrs Weasley

Written 12/5/2013

  {Mrs Diggory and Mrs Weasley}

Lorelei Diggory had given birth to twins more than a week ago, but she just couldn't name her daughter. Finding a name for her son Cedric was easy; Amos had named him after his great, great grandfather. She had thought about doing the same with her little girl but couldn't bear to call her something as old fashioned as 'Gertrude'. Guilt swept over her, her child couldn't be referred to as 'the other one' for the rest of her life. She called upon the help of an old friend, Mrs Molly Weasley. She knew she had a knack for names, even if she did only have three boys so far.
"Hello Lorelei." Smiled a bright Molly as she entered the house. "Lovely weather outside. So glad I walked over." Lorelei settled Molly into the living room with a cup of herbal tea before getting straight to the point.
"Molly, I so badly need your help. I feel like the worst mother in the world." Molly frowned.
"What's wrong? Surely Amos hasn't taken them out and left them somewhere."
"Oh no, no no, nothing like that. It's just I-" She stopped and looked sadly at her friend. "-I can't think of a name for Cedric's sister." She looked to the floor ashamed. Molly chuckled.
"Oh darling, it's nothing to feel bad about, names are hard to pick, they have to live with them for the rest of their lives. Did you have any ideas at all?" Lorelei shook her head.
"I hoped maybe you had. You're so determined to have a girl." Molly nodded thoughtfully.
"This is true, I'm hoping this one will be a girl." She pointed to her barely pregnant belly. "But we shall see. Well let's see...there is Ginny, but that's a favourite so I would like to keep that one. Amelia?" She asked. She shook her head, it didn't fit how she pictured her daughter. "Autumn? She was born right on top of it." Mrs Diggory thought about this as she looked at her sleeping child, then shook her head. "Ok then." Mused Molly for a few more moments. "Oh, what about Anertha? That's a unique name." She looked hopefully at her friend.
"Molly, that's perfect. Anertha Diggory. Yes I like it!" She said excitedly. Molly smiled with her. Anertha Diggory, her daughter finally had name. Little did Molly know back then, that she had just named her future daughter-in-law.